What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Navigational shortcuts

Rick Miller

Try incorporating these into your workflow.

Navigational shortcuts:
1. To navigate up in your image: "Page up" from your keyboard.
2. To navigate down in your image: "Page Down" from your keyboard.
3. * Extra* Add Shift to the equation to navigate up/down in smaller increments.

4. To navigate left in your image:
(on Windows) Control+Page up from your keyboard.
(on Mac) Command+Page up from your keyboard.
5. To navigate right in your image:
(on Windows) Control+Page Down from your keyboard.
(on Mac) Command+Page Down from your keyboard.
6. * Extra* Add Shift to the equation to navigate left/right in smaller increments.

7. To navigate to the top left of your image: "Home".
8. To navigate to the top right of your image: "End".

Cheers!
Rick Miller

Spacebar gives temporary hand-tool-drag-around-dohicky. I don't know if it works with all tools, though.

Stroker:

The spacebar toggles on and off the hand tool with any tool - with the exception of the active type tool (when the insertion cursor is blinking). It will work if just the type tool is depressed and no insertion cursor is active.

The spacebar is an excellent shortcut, one I use numerous times daily. However, when I'm working on a very large image, the spacebar toggle still has me clicking 6-7 times to pan/scroll to the bottom, that's why I incorporate "End". Likewise, I use "Home", et al... to expand my navigational possibilities. It's all about finding the shortcuts that fit one's workflow.

Back