What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need a noise reduction plugin, freeware please.

Vicky001

Camera : Sony a7mark2, raw files.

Images of landscape in low light & long exposure show excessive noise.
Need a plugin noise reduction software, freeware, to Photoshop cc 2018.
Your recommendations, please?

Thank you very much.
Vicky

ph_o_e_n_ix

You have to install an older Version of Photoshop, where you can install the google nik collection.

Then you have to copy the nik collection folder from the plugin folder of your old version to the plugin folder of your CC 2018 version.

Vicky001

Thank you.
It is easier to install a different noise reduction app and the different one "might be" a better app than the Dfine2 of the Google Nik Collection.
This is why I am here asking for recommendations.
Thanks.
Vicky

ph_o_e_n_ix

There are many apps / plugins that give you better results than Dfine - but they are not free. And that is exactly the problem.

There are very few free noise reduction plugins for Photoshop and they are worse than Dfine.

Why don't you just use Lightroom?

Vicky001

How about 1.Boundary Noise Reduction, 2.Free Photo Noice Reduction, and 3.Noiseware Standalone Community Edition? Anyone of these is just as good as Dfine2 or better?
It seems that they are free. What is your opinion about them? None of them is so good as Dfine2 ?

Thank you.
Vicky

Vicky001

Thank you, thank you very much.
I really do not know that much about the apps & plugins. What I posted is the information I gathered from Google Search, and only by browsing & glancing the relative write-ups.

Now, let's deal with Google Nik Collection again.
Google Nik Collection was downloaded and tried to install but failed. A message popped up saying the app could not be run because of 0xc0000007b.
There are many guesses why 0xc0000007b happens. I tried a few, like DirectX or Visual C++ and so on. But none solves the problem.
Your suggestion is that install the app on an older PS and then transfer it to PScc 2018. I am not sure I can do it.
Will you please elaborate on this?

Thank you.
Vicky