What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need a Page Curl effect

JEFFNOKC

HELP PLEASE! I am realtively new to adobe and I need to come up with the effect of a car busting out of the center of the paper with the paper having a page tear effect with flames coming off of the tears... Any info would be great.

Jeff

JEFFNOKC

Sorry about that didn't mean to shout I usually dont have my caps locked [innocent]

Thanks for the link I will give it a try..

Jeff

sfm

Guru
hey that is cool
that site has lots of free plugins and filters etc so go for it
sfm

theKeeper

Guru
Whaaat?! :shocked:

Sue?! You have to register with them, to access their plugins and stuff?! Are they selling them?

hm... :\

Let me see if i can finish my tute on creating your own custom looking Page Curl effect... I just need to finish one more page, and tweak it for PS6/7.

PS: i realize there are filters for this effect... but they can't give you the control and natural looking effects that doing this from scratch can. Plus, you get to learn more about PS while mastering the techniques for the effect. And that's really what doing tutorials is all about... right?! :D

I'll post a notice as soon as i'm done.

G

That looks really nice Mark :perfect:

I'm looking forward to your tutorial ;)

wbiss

Guru
Your new tutorial looks great Mark! B7 :perfect: http://photoshopgurus.info/intermediate/page_curl/pagecurl.shtml

Welcome JEFFNOKC! And I will add that you'll have much more creative control if you follow Mark's new tutorial and learn to make the effect yourself. I have a page curl plug-in that I bought (before I learn't to make my own) and now I NEVER use it! ;)

sfm

Guru
theKeeper said:
Whaaat?! :shocked:

Sue?! You have to register with them, to access their plugins and stuff?! Are they selling them?

hm... :\

yes you have register with them in order to get their free plugins

but you know what.......... I have always wanted to be able to do it myself and your tute looks fantastic! so for me it is even better
thankyou thankyou thankyou Mark
sfm