What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need a photo edited

hinicole

Hi there,

I am need a photo edited which I took and I'm just having issues making the shadow/gap between the wooden panels less visible or thinner while making it look not photoshopped and natural (not blurred out since that's all I could do with it) having it blend smoothly with the rest of the wood pattern.

Looking forward to the edit.

IMG_2160.JPG

JeffK

Guru
I'm really not quite sure what you're looking for. I just reduced the shadows overall and painted some of it back in on the flowers.
You have some strong sunlight coming from the left so shadows are a natural look. It's actually a really nice shot.
The shadows are lightened here - is in the direction you want to go?

planters edited.jpg

hinicole

Hi,

I was referring the the small gap in between the two planks of wood, I tried making them thinner but it just blurred it out and made it darker. I like the lighting on my photo, it’s just the gap between the two planks of wood that I want edited smaller / thinner because my eye keeps going to the dark line that separated the two pieces of wood on the ground

JeffK

Guru
I think I understand - does this work for you...I also kept your original lighting...

platers edited REV.jpg

ex_teacher

Guru
I approached this somewhat differently,.
I added plywood to the bottom of the vertical piece. and that made the highlighted gap on the horizonal plywood narrower. Correct or not , blending the two vertical pieces was tricky and fun:)

Shadow gap_4.jpg

Last edited:

hinicole

I approached this somewhat differently,.
I added plywood to the bottom of the vertical piece. and that made the highlighted gap on the horizonal plywood narrower. Correct or not , blending the two vertical pieces was tricky and fun:)

View attachment 123880
I like it a lot, is there a way you can take off the filter because I like the natural light, i appreciate the help :)