What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need advice on creating a realistic template

vetticustoms

Hey all , I want to create a editable apparel template (Shirts / Pants etc ) . I currently use templates from a company called gomedia however they can get costly and don't have certain styles I need to Mock up designs on. Basically i'm looking for help/tips on creating my own from a Hi Resolution picture. I want to be able to change shirt color , insert a design and have it look photo realistic. Please let me know if anyone can help. Thanks in advance!

This shouldn't be too hard. When you say you have a picture, I assume you mean one with a person wearing the clothes you want to create the template of or do you just mean a picture of the clothes?

Hey all , I want to create a editable apparel template (Shirts / Pants etc ) . I currently use templates from a company called gomedia however they can get costly and don't have certain styles I need to Mock up designs on. Basically i'm looking for help/tips on creating my own from a Hi Resolution picture. I want to be able to change shirt color , insert a design and have it look photo realistic. Please let me know if anyone can help. Thanks in advance!

Try This PSD file I made.

filedropper.com/t-shirt-kit2

4.5Mb Free Download use the Grey Button.

Appreciate the reply @Tracy Mapes but im not looking for a template. I'm looking for advice on how to create my own templates to use. Right now I already use Photorealistic Template Mock ups from the Gomedia Arsenal, how ever they are pricey and don't have mock ups of certain styles of clothing im using. Therefore i was looking on advice to make my own template , ex. I take a product shot of one of my black apparel items and edit in PS into a editable template to make my designs look real.

If You Have Photoshop? You ca Download the File I posted and Get Some Ideas for Your Own. I just spent a Few Minutes with it. I'm Sure it's not adequate for Screen Printing, But I know for Sure it's High Enough Quality to Sell on the Internet. Check it out.

If You don't have Photoshop? ...Go get the free 30 Day Trial at Adobe.com. It's well worth the Experience.

Take Care,

-Tracy Mapes

Of course I have photoshop, I did check out your file, thing is I'm looking to create basically what you created, using a product shot of a blank shirt I have.

You Should be able to take a Picture of Your Clothing and just throw it in place of the T-Shirt Layers. Just Make 3 copies and Replace the T Shirt. Or Upload a Pic and I'll build it for you?

Appreciate that , I tried messing around with the template using my image but not really getting what I want. Here is a pic of the product shot:
14409.zoom.cropped.jpg

Convert your image into a template like Tracy's.

Use the magic wand to select white background . Invert selection and add a layer mask.

Apply a non destructive Hue and Saturation adjustment layer so you can adjust the apparels color as well as other adjustment effects. SAVE .

To use , drag design, texture or logo into canvas. And play around with clipped layers , layer modes and adjustment layers to get the look you want.....

vettiTmplte.jpg

For added flair, you can add your own background .

Hope this is what you mean.

Last edited:

Back