What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need advise on fixing a photo with water stain

GVPhoto

IMG_1231_1.jpg
I recently did a fitness shoot and the parts of the mirror were dirty and i have limited experience with PS. Any advise about getting rid of the stained areas?

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Are these the stains you mean?
If yes, duplicate the layer and use the burn tool to darken those clear spots, apply a layer mask to brush away the eventual excess...
But as in Photoshop there are many ways to achieve the same result maybe someone will post another method.

IMG_1231_1.jpg

GVPhoto

Are these the stains you mean?
If yes, duplicate the layer and use the burn tool to darken those clear spots, apply a layer mask to brush away the eventual excess...
But as in Photoshop there are many ways to achieve the same result maybe someone will post another method.

View attachment 85304
Can i do the same thing to his face and hair?

Eggy

Retired Moderator
With the hair yes.
With the face I would add a new blanc layer on top in soft light blend mode, pick the color sample from the 'normal' face and paint in the greyed area.
The burn tool is no use because it will darken the almost desaturated face part without bringing back the normal color.
You also could add a level adjustment layer on a duplicate layer of the original and try to match the normal color and since it comes with a layer mask, brush away the excess.