What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Need help brightening up this picture of my daughter

Icarus3000

Can anyone help with this photo? Trying to make it look "professional" by fixing up the lighting and the colours. I've tried myself, but her skin always looks too "yellow".

Thanks in advance!

2018_07_29_1278.JPG

I made a fast attempt (5minuts), but I noticed the blacks are lost, it's just pure black. So i tried to expose and fix a little bit the colors, and for the blacks to make it less aggressive I made the image low contrast.

2018_07_29_1278F.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited:
I made a fast attempt (5minuts), but I noticed the blacks are lost, it's just pure black. So i tried to expose and fix a little bit the colors, and for the blacks to make it less aggressive I made the image low contrast.

fixing something I notice XD.

Cheers!

Thanks so much! Can't wait to see what you came up with!

Looks great thank you!

I realize now that I posted a lower quality version of the original than I would have liked :/

I can't find the original right now (I'm not at home) - but this is one that I had worked on myself. Is there anything more you would do with this?2018_07_29_1278 (1).JPG

... that's a better image for sure XD, it's better to wait for the original then.

Sorry, I didn't read the last part of your message, let me see what can be done with the colors.

And I'm not sure about the noise... i think that was photographer error, because I see it in the raw file too.

lol "he" is me.

I really like this picture, so if you think you can do anything more with the original raw file, be my guest :)
[BAD LINK REMOVED]

Last edited:
Are you sure you uploaded well the raw file? 690kb? Am I doing something wrong?

Sorry, I think I got carried away a little experimenting with noise removal and maybe pushed a little too much the over-exposition and saturation...

rawff.jpg

Well that's an easy fix, just desaturating a little bit the reds, depending on the size it could use a little less noise reduction or it could look less natural.

If you need a big size image, you can use the other image with luminosity blend mode and play with opacity to recover some detail and noise of course.

Back