What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help from the graphically inclined

point-n-shoot

I really want to know how to do something like this for my daughter's senior photo...

Can anyone here tell me where I may find an in depth tutorial that explains these techniques??

Thanks

How much time do you have left? What's you basic knowledge of Photoshop? Which version are you using?
According to your previous posts you're using Photoshop since november, which makes me assume that you know the most basic tools and techniques. So what is it exactly that you're having a problem with?

Btw, don't expect to find a single tutorial that will explain all the techniques involved, not to mention that so very few tutorials are in depth, accurate and easy to understand. ;)

Basically, what you want is a montage image. I would search for a tutorial on making a montage. It won't be 'specific' as to your exact needs, but will get you started until your imagination kicks in. The way I go about a montage (and I do a lot of them in the form of advertising, catalog pages and editorial graphics), is; I take each element I'm using and treat them as 'individual' pieces. ( keeping in mind their intent ) I save them with transparent backgrounds ( usually as .png ) The I bring them into the final piece as 'copy and paste' elements. This keeps my layers manageable in the final. If you look at the examples I've posted, you'll see a wide variety of effects that were eventually all merged into the final. Please disregard the quality of these images, they were resized and the rez. was changed from 300 to 100 ppi.

Gaussian said:
How much time do you have left?\

Until July 15th

Gaussian said:
What's you basic knowledge of Photoshop?

Mostly photo retouching (adjustment layers, simple masking, cloning).

Gaussian said:
Which version are you using?

CS2...although I have CS3 installed, I haven't really used it yet.

Gaussian said:
So what is it exactly that you're having a problem with?

The blending. I think I can make a montage, but I dont know how to blend the images like the first example above.

point-n-shoot said:
The blending. I think I can make a montage, but I dont know how to blend the images like the first example above.

Use a mask for each image. Paint on masks with a soft brush/low transparency, use gradients, blur, etc.

point-n-shoot said:
For the background...is that a "grunge brush" that the artist used?

Grunge brushes are often parts of photographs turned into a brushes, so it's hard to say whether a brush or image was used.

Back