What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

need help how to install fonts!!!?

shizzle

:(
it is a .tiff file, and I have photoshop 7.0, I have downloaded the font into, C:/windows/fonts. but can't seem to use the font. I need to use it in photoshop please help!?
Thank You

[confused] I'm assuming that you have made a 'typo' shizzle

... a TIFF file is something entirely different from a TTF file! ;)

IF, in fact, you've downloaded a TTF (True Type Font) and have installed it as described you must first shut down Photoshop and restart it. This gives Photoshop the opportunity to recognize the newly installed font! :)

Now, if you can't find it when you go to your font drop-down list in Photoshop, I will caution you that "sometimes" (make that a lot of times) the font name will be sorted by Photoshop in such a way that doesn't make sense to you. It may have a hidden file name (different from the name that you downloaded) and PS will sort it based on that hidden (true) name. ;)

This is where having a good font manager makes sense. You can launch the application and find the new font and see its real name. Now it's just a matter of scrolling through Photoshop's font list...

I hope that this helps!

... and... a BIG WELCOME to the board! :D

Back