What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help recreating a photoshop edit - Both Images Included

Becky Squyres

Thanks for checking out my problem. Really hope you can help! I'm trying to help my friend create a header for her website. I'm okay with Photoshop but mostly I have to Google the effect I am looking for and follow directions to get what I want. Unfortunately, there's much Google can do for me here.

I have attached both images. One is the original background pattern of her logo before it was Photoshopped and the other is the finished logo. I would REALLY appreciate if anyone could guide me as to how to recreate that same effect so that I can create a header that matches the logo. I would greatly appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Becky

Attachments

• photo-6.jpg
    photo-6.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 3
  • pattyloucardfront.jpg
    pattyloucardfront.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1
I'm not sure what you want to do. Recreate the flowered image and texture for the background of the header? I guess this is your statement that throws me: "so that I can create a header that matches the logo." The header as I understand is text, but I am not a web designer. So by header - bear with me while other members laugh at me - you want to create a background on which to put the logo, a banner with the logo positioned on it.

Clare, I was wondering *exactly* the same thing, but was too busy earlier in the day to respond. Thanks for asking.

T

I think she wants to make the bird image have the texture or look of the formal image?

Reading between the lines, my guess was that she probably wants a version of the second image that she posted that is wide and not very tall, maybe with a much thinner black border (if any), and with the silhouette moved so that text (such as you might see on the header of a website) could be easily added. OTOH, that was a complete guess.

T

So many times, it's a guessing game

:banghead:

LIKETHIS.png

LOL, iDad.

In her absence, I'll act as her spokesperson:

Would you mind moving the bird (by himself) over to the RHS, and all the text left justified against the left edge. Also, could you make it look less "squished". I realize this may involve more work than you have already done. ;-)

T

Back