What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Help w/ Smoke Effect

Let me re-phrase me previous statement. I think the image is too dark, not it's content.

The only thing more ostentatious than gas mask imagery, is the HDR effect (Topaz)!

Gas mask kind of makes me think, phew... that must of been on nasty fart! Hohoho Merry Christmas j/k

That's amusing. :)

I agree with the suggestion that you alter the tansparency at her back. It will sell it more. Look at how real smoke forms. It actually doesn't appear until above it's source.
example:

View attachment 40548

very good point. i suppose understanding how smoke works is a wise way to approach it first ;)

IAmSam - Sorry you don't approve of this particular content. I've had that mask laying around for over a year, and after 8 months of nothing but wedding photos, I had to do something waaaay on the opposite side of the spectrum for fun. :)

I brightened up the gas mask shot a bit, and after watching a great tutorial on colors, did some work on another shot. I spent some more time HOPEFULLY making the smoke more realistic on her cigarette. baby steps I guess! :) I think this shoot was good to get my feet wet again both with my own creative photography vs. weddings, and also to dig back into photoshop. I really appreciate all of your feedback in this process!

bed_final.jpg

cigg_final.jpg

Much better lighting on smoking gas mask girl! Looks great!

I'm really impressed with the second photo, the one with the cigarette!
Remember, the enemy of good is better! Leave that one alone!

Back