What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help with a certain animation in PhotoShop/ImageReady

RaDjuh

Looo guys.... I was wondering if you could help me with the following.

A guy i know from another forum has some amazing PS skillz. Now there is one certain skill he owns wich he won't share with us....
I was wondering if you guys know how to create this effect....

Plz look at the pics below what i mean :

pd-newsig-II.gif

SOTW-NI-PD.gif

pd-DarkSoul1.gif

pd-STLDevil1-anima2.gif

pd-imtm3-1.gif

pd-newsig03.gif

I really want to know how the hell he managed to get that fantastic (imo) animation... Any suggesions? Maybe a tut somewhere?

Ps : all credits go to the creator of those pics, PoorDevil. Respect man!

JoeD

Power User
Re: Need help with a certain animation in PhotoShop/ImageRea

RaDjuh said:
Now there is one certain skill he owns wich he won't share with us....

What's his problem? Wouldn't surpise me if someone else explained him this technique first! :rofl:

heathrowe

'a skill he owns', now thats a brave claim
:)

Welles

Guru
RaDjuh,

Actually the animation is very simple (once you see it done, that is) although the effect is very fine. To me the effectiveness lies in the skill of the foreground images. Each of them are opaque images with various areas of degrees of transparency. In a PS stack they are the top layer. Beneath them is a layer of a smoke effect or something very similar. That is duplicated a number of times and then each subsequent layer is moved a number of pixels progressively. In each of the images you've provided the 'smoke' layer is moved in different directions, laterally, diagonally, or in a circular motion.

Once you have the Photoshop file complete, jump to Image Ready and use the Animations palette. Create the number of frames you wish and then select the layers you wish to show in each frame by toggling visibility in each of the layers. All the frames would have the top (main image) layer visible but each would have a different smoke layer visible.

A couple of good smoke tutorials are...

http://www.deviantart.com/view/9961640/

http://www.tutorialguide.net/smoke_effect_tutorial.html

marine0311

Something I put together

It is close to what you want there so if you want to know how to do it I can Post a tutorial.

marine0311

OK cool I'll write something up for it.