What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help with a picture of me with a wolf

thehandyman

Hi,

So I spent some time at a wolf sanctuary, where an alpha male wolf bonded to me. He was 240LBS and I am 6'1", when he stood on his hind paws, we were eye to eye. He was a very big wolf.

I recently did some work for an artist who deals only in oils. She has offered to draw a picture of me and the wolf.

The only problem is, she is good at reproducing from pictures.

The one picture I want her to draw for me in oils, is one where the wolf is submitting to me, burying his head in my chest, and I am laying my head on the back of his neck. This is special, because this particular wolf was an aggressive alpha. He had to be segregated from his pack because he was tearing them up. You can count on one hand the number of people who were allowed in with him, due to his aggressive nature. Yet, he submitted to me, not because I was bigger than he was, or more aggressive, but because he accepted me as a brother.

My head is turned the wrong way! You can see the gentle expression on the wolf's face, but you can only see the back of my head.

Here is the picture I want her to paint...
1 11 2007 Tonya (17).jpg

Leading up to it, and to give you an idea of his size...
1 11 2007 Tonya (14).jpg

Also a good shot of the size difference between us, I am 6'1"
5 9 2006 317.jpg

Here's a good pic of my relaxed face, getting a wolf kiss.
7 2008 Wild cubs 645.JPG

Scent rub, relaxed face
7 2008 Wild cubs 663.JPG

Are any of these usable to photoshop me facing the right way in the first picture above?

Hi HM and welcome.

THM said:
Are any of these usable to photoshop me facing the right way in the first picture above?
What do you think?

Any artist worth their salt would have no problem taking a photo of you (existing or new) and adding your face to the painting.
Just take a new photo of yourself loving on the family dog (or a friends) in a similar pose and lighting.

Last edited:
Hi HM and welcome.

What do you think?

Any artist worth their salt would have no problem taking a photo of you (existing or new) and adding your face to the painting.
Just take a new photo of yourself loving on the family dog (or a friends) in a similar pose and lighting.

Thanks for the welcome!

I don't know what to think. She says she needs a picture that is "Correct" to work off of, or "The lines and anatomy will be wrong."

Here is you and Tonya (feminine name for an aggressive Alpha male) a real fast and sloppy swap with the only image that your head was in the right position. The lighting is way off but your artist should be able to compensate.

1 11 2007 Tonya.jpg

Wow, thank you!

Tonya is the name of the sanctuary owner (Who was taking the pictures), the wolf's name was Mishomi, which means, "Grandfather" (I forget which language).

I very much appreciate this, thank you! I will print it out and show the artist (Karen Shaw Honaker).

Thanks for sharing that guys. I went to the site. What gorgeous wolves. I had an adopted white german shepherd who came with he name Denali. He wasn't quite as scary as a wolf; in fact when we got him at age 5, he was pretty beaten back, but he found a loving home with us at least. Denali is a sacred mountain in Alaska and means "The Great One."

Anyway, I am happy Sam did this for you handyman. It is a good manipulation and I would be proud to be the one, elated actually, whom the wolf picked. I can imagine you both had the most sparkling eyes when they met. Sorry for the corniness of that, but I bet it's true.

I love all the pictures. They make me green with envy, lol. I hope you get a chance to go back and see him again.

Yes, it is. If you were there two years ago, he was the big white wolf on the left as you went in to see the younger wolves (Istas, etc)

How I wish...... I've never been there as I'm from Asia. Only through my travels in the internet I found out about him.

I read Mishomi passed away 3 years ago and that the Sanctuary held a memorial get-together in his honor .

You're planned painting would be a great tribute to this magnificent animal.

Thanks for sharing that guys. I went to the site. What gorgeous wolves. I had an adopted white german shepherd who came with he name Denali. He wasn't quite as scary as a wolf; in fact when we got him at age 5, he was pretty beaten back, but he found a loving home with us at least. Denali is a sacred mountain in Alaska and means "The Great One."

Anyway, I am happy Sam did this for you handyman. It is a good manipulation and I would be proud to be the one, elated actually, whom the wolf picked. I can imagine you both had the most sparkling eyes when they met. Sorry for the corniness of that, but I bet it's true.

I love all the pictures. They make me green with envy, lol. I hope you get a chance to go back and see him again.

I have said that dogs and wolves hold two separate, but meaningful parts of my heart. Dogs love without asking anything more than menial food. Wolves choose whom they care for, but you are always an equal- and as an equal you can be disciplined (Which is where people get into trouble.) I learned to listen to my instincts. They told me if a wolf wanted to be pet, or to just leave the enclosure. I got so close to Mishomi that I could "ask" him things, "May I try and pick you up?" Do you want to wrestle?" and he would respond yes/no/I don't want to but I will allow it. Just a feeling I had- and it was never wrong! I ignored it twice, and both times I got bit.

Here's an example of not listening to my instincts, which told me, "Don't pet her. Leave her alone. She doesn't want to be bothered." She gave me a ton of warning signs. A yawn... Ignoring me. Clearly bothered I was petting her, but tolerating me. The bite resulted in nothing more than scratched skin- no blood was drawn. Months later she had ripped her arm open, you could see the bone. She wasn't sedated... But she allowed me to super glue the flap of flesh back on. She didn't growl, or pull away or anything.

(Crud I can't post links) It's a youtube video. Msg me for it..

She was Mishomi's sister...

Here is a really corny video of him and I playing. When we would wrestle people would gasp, thinking he was trying to hurt me.

(Also no links, message me if you want to see the video)

Believe it or not, I passed Mishomi by for a few years. I gave him pity pets, but I knew he was the "Mean one" that was rough with people.

One day, I decided to lay down and spend some time with him. I did, and I felt a connection that went beyond understanding. it was like he was reaching out to me. I just knew... We would be good friends.

I begged Tonya for months. She didn't want to let me in because of his nature. Finally, she let me in. I felt like she was hoping he'd tear my shirt to shreds and scare me, so I'd never ask her again.

He sniffed me with the intensity of a curious alpha, eyes wide open, pupils dilated. His entire body was rigid as a piece of wood. He was so excited... but he remained a gentleman.

He earned my trust... and I earned his. He would literally jump three feet straight into the air when he'd see me. I would visit on the weekends. I had little else to live for... But he became the reason I quit doing hard drugs, quit hanging out with criminals. I wanted to live... And he was why. He was a dream come true, an answer to prayer. I had already suffered one near fatal overdose. God got my attention through Mishomi. I remember seeing a picture of a wolf caring for a boy in the Jungle Book when I was younger, I wondered, what it was like to be loved... So I always wanted a wolf. I always would pray for a wolf that loved me.

He was the best friend I ever had. He never coddled me- he was quick to remind me that he was a wolf. Nips when I'd get too comfortable. And a fairly vicious bite when I crossed the line, once. People said I could never go in with him again because he tasted my blood... it was not so. Our relationship was even tighter after that incident... And it was my fault I got bit.

I am glad Denali got to find rest with you. I have two rescues, a Shepherd, and a Basenji Mutt and they are both light in my life and a joy to my heart. There is something about a rescue... They are grateful. Their love knows a sorrow that pet store dogs are not familiar with. And joy of being saved.

Here are some more pictures.

The sloppy wolf kiss was from a great wolf who was a good friend to me. The wolf who's eyes I am looking into, was an angel wolf. He saved me from a potentially dangerous situation with his packmates. He risked his life to get me out of a bad situation. He was loved by all, and there was a special connection with him and people. He would die to save a stranger... He just loved people. I remember laying my head on his back, closing my eyes, and just sighing my stress and pain away. He was like that... We later discovered he was actually related to Mishomi. Which was no surprise... Those wolves loved humanity.

I have hundreds of pictures, but those are some of the best :)

Attachments

• 5 9 2006 329.jpg
    5 9 2006 329.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 0
  • 5 9 2006 604.jpg
    5 9 2006 604.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1203.JPG
    IMG_1203.JPG
    511.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1207small.jpg
    IMG_1207small.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • 5 9 2006 309.jpg
    5 9 2006 309.jpg
    408.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 5 9 2006 313.jpg
    5 9 2006 313.jpg
    360.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 5 2008 (17)small.jpg
    5 2008 (17)small.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 2
  • 7 2008 Wild cubs 644.JPG
    7 2008 Wild cubs 644.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
Is it possible to get a higher resolution of the photoshopped picture? The artist needs as large of a printed picture as possible...

Certainly. I'll PM you with the info.

Back