What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help with basic shapes and design

cuda,
In PS, just use the heart in Custom Shapes. You can then edit to suit the shape you want. I just overlaid it over your desired graphic on another layer, then manipulated the shape. What color do you want the lightening bolt(s) to be and I'll finish this and post it.
Making the heart has something to do with that crazy pen tool and dragging though right? How else can I vector the heart without a bazillion anchors? So when I have time to tackle that part I have some idea what to do. Thanks for all the help thus far. All this really helps a lot.
Here is the PSD I did.
View attachment cuda Background.psd

Last edited:
Its not that easy. I have the picture done but when scaled down its so pixilated I cant use it. I am trying to bring it into a banner next to the name. I am use to things doing this when made bigger but when making smaller not sure what the problem is. I guess I need to remake it tiny as just dragging it down to a smaller size does not work.

I was also wondering if you guys knew how to make it transparent so its still transparent when copying over to another image. When I drag into another transparent image to make the banner the background turns to gray.

Here is the basic design. Can this be made into a better vector (or does it need to be) to scale better? It has a transparent background but only kind of sort of. When I try putting this in fireworks on a transparent border the background turns gray. I guess what I am after is this design with a transparent background that scales well so I can just drag it onto a banner with transparent background and add text. My text always look fuzzy but thats another battle. Thanks again for everyone helping. Saving me a ton of time.

Attachments

• hartelectriclogo.fw.png
    hartelectriclogo.fw.png
    162.7 KB · Views: 1
Sounds like your trying to re-size it as a bitmap and not a vector file. You need to determine what size it needs to be for your webpage first. Then create the shape as a vector file, then size it up, down, as big as a billboard if you like. Then save the file as a bitmap that requires no further sizing created from the vector. Did you look at the PSD I posted. It still has the vector paths intact.

Here is another PSD with the red design traced with a vector path all the way around it. It is about 700 pixels wide. I hope this helps.
View attachment hartelectriclogo.fw.psd
It also occurs to me that you might have an easier time sizing the vector if it were in Illustrator. Just go to File/Export/Paths to Illustrator. I think AI might give you a little more flexibility.

Here is the basic design. Can this be made into a better vector (or does it need to be) to scale better? It has a transparent background but only kind of sort of. When I try putting this in fireworks on a transparent border the background turns gray. I guess what I am after is this design with a transparent background that scales well so I can just drag it onto a banner with transparent background and add text. My text always look fuzzy but thats another battle. Thanks again for everyone helping. Saving me a ton of time.

Last edited:
I figured it was something like that. I got enough to make the boss happy but as a small pic its rather crappy looking but I know what to do now. I will get on it tomorrow. Thanks everyone for the help thus far.

OK Good luck!
I figured it was something like that. I got enough to make the boss happy but as a small pic its rather crappy looking but I know what to do now. I will get on it tomorrow. Thanks everyone for the help thus far.

Back