What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help with fonts. I can't delete fonts from Font Book

wm17959

I just installed Fontbase and I'd like to organize my fonts, but I open Font Book and it won't let me. I get this attached message and I have no idea how to proceed.
Also, if anyone can recommend a good video for learning Fontbase I'd like to know about it.

I just installed Fontbase and I'd like to delete fonts from Font Book on my Mac. But I can't delete fonts because they are greyed out and it won't let me. I could also use some help with Fontbase as I don't know how to use it, but my biggest problem is not being able to delete fonts that I know I'll never use. Any advice?

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2019-05-19 at 8.44.37 PM.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I just installed Fontbase and I'd like to organize my fonts, but I open Font Book and it won't let me.

Are you deleting fonts from Font BOOK or FontBASE?

In Font BOOK, if the font is greyed out it will not delete. I don't know about FontBASE.

Have you contacted Fontbase?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Greyed out fonts are system fonts and they are not actually in the font book.............they need to be downloaded.

Screen Shot 2019-05-19 at 9.29.43 PM.png

wm17959

Thanks Sam. I only tried to delete them from Font Book because I don't actually know how to use Fontbase yet. There are a lot of Asian fonts that I know I'll never use and I'd just like to get rid of them. Then I'd like to organize my fonts with Fontbase so I'm not looking at so many when I'm working. If you can recommend another way of organizing fonts I'm open to hear about it.

I'm a little paranoid because a few days ago I had to format my hard drive because my computer was giving me trouble and I suspect it may have been one or more corrupted fonts files because I can't think of what else it might have been.

Wolf

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I don't understand that because I just formatted the hard drive and re-installed Adobe Suite and I have not downloaded any fonts yet.
All fonts, including mac OS system fonts (subset fonts) will show in the list, some are greyed out. On the ones that are greyed out, if you select it and you see a download button (as shown above) this means that the font has yet to be downloaded. Some of the greyed out fonts that do not have download buttons are already in the "book". All you can do is disable the font. Some of the greyed out fonts you can remove while others you cant remove or disable.