What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help with gradient use in a Layer Mask!

anepu

I am trying to fade the left section of a PSD image I created so that it gradually fades to nothing using a Rectangular Marquee.

The problem is that I cannot get the gradient itself to change after I have used the Gradient Editor to make it 90% Black on the left & 10% gray on the right.

Seems this color choice in a Layer mask would have the desired effect, but after editing the gradient still it looks & works the same as the default. (No Change to the Gradient)

Can someone explain to me how to customize the Gradient in Photoshop CS?

anepu said:
Seems this color choice in a Layer mask would have the desired effect, but after editing the gradient still it looks & works the same as the default. (No Change to the Gradient)

Can someone explain to me how to customize the Gradient in Photoshop CS?

Double click on any slider to change it to the color you want and click ok. This doesn't work for you? \:/

Back