What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need the Help of the PSG Crew

C9Mouse

Power User
I recently had one of my tutorials publish at SitePoint (Push Buttons in Photoshop By Doug Cloud)!!

There's only one problem ... I've gotten nothing but negative feedback from a couple of wise-acres. I am really excited that SitePoint published on of my tuts, but it was a let down to get nothing but negative feedback.

So I was wondering if I could ask you wonderful supportive enthusiastic PSG people to come on over to the SitePoint page above, check out my tutorial, and leave me some positive feedback :)

It would be very much appreciated. Thank you!!

P.S. The tut I submitted is the same one I have here at PSG in the Tutorial section. Also my nickname over at SitePoint is Desktop.

Hmm, i would but i dont want to register to "another" site!!!! :{ Btw, those buttons animal777 posted suck... they're like.... non-origional, and they look like they were made with gif construction set pro (type the letters, it makes the button :\ )
You're button it good... but a more glossy effect and maybe.... smoother text? It is very good, but thats just my oppinions :\ keep it up! :perfect: ;)

Ok it's in now.

Well Doug actually, i think i'm gonna let you field this one yourself.

2 reasons:

#1) Because there are numerous ways to do the same thing in PS, this person, albeit a bit closed minded, has a valid point. It just means that 'your' way is not 'his' way. It doesn't detract from your way at all though.

If you want to make a more valid argument about why your method is better, then explain that it creates a much cleaner, crisper, more legible graphic than using the Layer Style filters.

This person is obviously new and inexperienced with Photoshop. Take his view with a grain of salt.

#2) If you're gonna write articles for the Web, you're going to have to develop a much thicker skin for criticism. It's all part of the game. ;)

C9Mous: come on over to the SitePoint page above, check out my tutorial, and leave me some positive feedback

[innocent] Maybe I'm "dense"... but I couldn't see an "obvious" area to leave feedback!

Great tute, btw, Doug! :perfect:

Yeah, Mark is so right... (listen to him, he knows from experience)... I would imagine that you need to have a really thick skin for published work like this!

Wendy...
Maybe I'm "dense"... but I couldn't see an "obvious" area to leave feedback!
hmmm.... lets just leave it at that shall we :p

Apart from agreeing with what Mark said Doug if the comments get worse I will register and put him in his place,and then no doubt get banned :D

Stu.

You tell 'em Stu :rofl: our hero

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Bubble: hmmm.... lets just leave it at that shall we

;) You got me for sure!

[stuned] Wasn't looking there... :\

[shhh] Bad site layout!!!! :p :p :p
;) Rest assured that I will take some time tomorrow to got back and re-visit and leave some positive feed-back Doug! ;\

Wendy, what is this, stop chasing me round the forum will you, we keep replying in the same threads at the same time!!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ROTFLMFAO Bubble!!!!!
[shhh] And, I do have better things to do tonight!

no you don't... who are you kidding!!! :D [:I

[upset] :rofl: [upset] :rofl: Bubble! [shhh] Just because you don't... don't envy me! ;)

Toodles! :D

Not a problem. I can deal with criticism. I know my tutorial isn't the greatest in the world. I wasn't asking to smooth my ego or hold my hand ... I was simply asking for some encouragement.

For those who do say something, thank you. I appreciate it.

C9Mouse...
better late than never......

I personaaly found your tute quite usefull and all i can say....
i would appreciate it if you share your ideas here with us ;) ;) ;)

stick to it C9Mouse...

Nikkie

Thanks, Nikkie. Sharing them here is cool, but getting exposure on a site like SitePoint is even better.

My main goal is to get exposure for myself and my abilities because I would like to someday do some serious graphic design work and make some serious money from it. Getting exposure is the way to do that, and SitePoint is merely the first step.

C9Mouse..........go for it !!! :perfect: :perfect:

but i have to agree with Mark you'll have to develop an "elephant skin" than.. :perfect: ;)

Nikkie

As I already stated earlier: I have. I wasn't asking for people to come smooth my ego because of a few bad comments. I was merely wanting some support and encouragement. That's all.

Back