What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need to add some Patterns to the Preset Manager....

RAMWolff

Hi all,

I did this a while back and now I am putting together a content pack for some 3D content and need to add some home made patterns to the preset manager for some over lay effects and I can't remember how to do that!! [innocent]

I see the files are .pat files and tried to save a neat texture I made using an image my friend took of some fungus (trust me it looks cool ;) ) using the GIMP 2.2 and then browsed to the new file in PS-CS and tried to load it up and got an error message that it was corrupt.

HELLP?? [confused]

All the best

Richard 8))

Richard, you first have to open the file as any other file (file/open), select the complete image and make a pattern of it. If it returns with a message when you try to open your file in the first step, then Photoshop doesn't recognize it for some reason or considers it corrupt. Try to save it in Gimp in some other format and try again.

You can however not use for example an ordinary jpeg file to load as a pattern (.pat), because it has to be a .pat file and compatible with Photoshop.

Back