What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new and not to bright

double r

I have never been on any forum before, so let me know if I'm breaking any rules. I'm not a computer whiz, in fact my first and only computer is a Dell 4300. I got it from a friend who needed $200. I've gotten a new 19" monitor for it and added some ram. I now have a whopping 512 megs. Photoshop 6 and Illustrator 9 were on it, but I've since upped them to photoshop cs and illustrator cs. Both are way more than I need. I'm totally self taught, mostly from forums and tutorials. My life has nothing to do with computers or art and I don't know many buzz words or proper terms, so my questions may seem dumb. Please bear with me. But I've done a lot of graphics in photoshop and will be posting them. please let me know what I've done wrong. Mostly I've done what just seems right to me. I've spent some time at cgsociety looking at what the pros are doing, I'll never get there but I think my art is ok.
Thanks rr

double r said:
I'll never get there but I think my art is ok.

I have a journal that is for geared towards growing me in success and faith and on the front page today I wrote "A man thinks. . . so he is"
It is something that I heard my Pastor say while he was Evangelizing and preaching.

Don't compare yourself to professionals. It seems like you would love to be as good because you are comparing yourself, and I will say that if you take baby steps, you will get there. I'm still taking my baby steps but I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Slowly but surely!

I can't wait to see your work!

Take Care,

- Alistair

Welcome to the forum double r. To begin, I saw your cd cover post earlier today and I must admit, when it popped up, I could have sworn that I had done it. I see that you followed my mini tute to the letter, great plug-in. Excellant execution. georgeous lady, you'd have a hard time messing her up. I'm glad I'm influencing you and opening the possibilities of Photoshop. As to your machine, that Dell is fine for PSCS and ILL CS. 512 megs is sufficient. don't be intimidated by some of the 'BIG' machines some of these folks have. It's all about optimizing what you have to work with. I look forward to your next posts and if there is anything I can do to help, just ask. Any critiques I have will be constructive.

ronmatt

ronmatt said:
don't be intimidated by some of the 'BIG' machines some of these folks have.

I'm so proud of being one of those who overdid it system-wise [innocent] :D

Alistair, you didn't over due it. Nor did I. I need both my G5 and my pumped up PC. I make a living from them.
but double r uses his for Photoshop CS only. what he has is fine. I'd have a CRAY if I could afford it.

Back