What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Here.............. HI, y'all!!

RAMWolff

Wow, Mark, nice boards here!! :perfect:

I've known Mark for a couple of years now from the TG boards hosted by Xara Ltd. Yup, you guessed it I'm in love with XaraX and recently went through some hell with aquiring PS but that's all cleared up now, I'm happy to say and I think this will be a good place to come and learn and hopefull, eventually share ideas and advice as I do over at TG and Pixelparity.org.

Nice to be aboard!! :D Wow, 'dems some intense emoticons!! 8}

Richard ;)

Howdy, :) I have a question.

How do I go about creating my own .pat file with my own textures within??

I know that I need to Edit/Define Pattern but this only adds to the currently loaded up texture file. I want to create one from scratch.

HELP!! [confused]

Richard ;)

ok, thats fairly easy, though not as intuative as it should be.... ::edit:: this is for PS7, I havent upgrade to PS CS yet, so it might have changed, but I doubt it!

EDIT--PRESET MANAGER---PATTERNS(choose from drop down)

ok, you should see all your patterns in the preview window. (this is where I wish it was more intuative). You should see options on the right hand side for 'load' 'save'?

What you need to do is remove any patterns that you do not want in your new custom pat file. I believe you can select multiple patterns while holding CTRL and SHIFT. Once you have the ones you do not want, delete them... then save the ones you have remaining as a new .pat file.

Kinda of clumsy if you ask me......

to get your orig pats back just use the 'load' button and select which option you want (append, replace etc)

hope that helps, and if you find a bteer way, I would love to know!

(same works for brushes, shapes, etc)

Welcome over Richard, glad you could join us here. [honesty]

If you open the Pattern Library, then click on the topright little arrow, it will open an options menu. Within there you can choose to Save out your current library of patterns.

To create a completely new custom library, first you must delete the ones in the Default library and save your new patterns into this empty library. Then save out that new library once the patterns are added. You can then do incremental additions to your library if you wish, and resave the library once updated.

First pic here shows you holding your mouse over a default pattern, then holding the ALT/Opt key down and clicking on the pattern. That will delete it. Continue holding the Alt/Opt key while repeatedly clicking on the first pattern, until they are all deleted.

Now save this empty library out (seen in the 2nd image) and you can then load it up with your own patterns, resaving incrementally.

TIP: for quick reload/unload of any pattern library, look to the bottom section of the options menu seen in the 2nd example image below.

:D :D :D :perfect: :} WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME Richard!!!!! B7 ;) I've been really sick with the nasty cold bug that's going around but with this discovery that you've joined in here I just had to type you out a big welcome, dear friend, and a hug too!!! :D
You'll have lots of fun here!

---Maya

Thanks Squeeze and Mark!! :D

Got a nice file to offer up here already. All my fractals that I had created for XaraX, RealDraw-Pro and DrawPlus 7 have been put into a zip. The zip contains 2 .pat files. One is the Black and White Fractals and the other is the Color Fractals. It's a heafty file, so those that have 56K are going to need a download manager to get it as quickly as possible. Those with Cable or ADSL won't have an issue at all!!

I'll post it as soon as I get it uploaded on my 56K connection!! ;\

Richard ;)

Raven said:
:D :D :D :perfect: :} WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME Richard!!!!! B7 ;) I've been really sick with the nasty cold bug that's going around but with this discovery that you've joined in here I just had to type you out a big welcome, dear friend, and a hug too!!! :D
You'll have lots of fun here!

---Maya

MAYA!! :} %} Hey honey. :D

Oh, god, not you too!! :( Guess what?? I WAS getting better. Today, I feel like I'm relapsing with what ever the heck this stupid bug is!! I can't believe it. These viruses are mutating something awful, so rest plenty and drink lots of ginger tea, that helped me ALLOT. Also there is an herb called "Slippery Elm" (I have Natures_Answer brand) you can get it in a tincture and put about 10 to 20 drops in your Ginger tea (I buy the Traditional_Medicinals brand "Ginger Aid", which is all over the place, so it shouldn't be hard to find). Slippery Elm helps your body to regulate mucus. Singers use it to keep their voice boxes moist and from getting horse, and the opposite happens when you have a cold or flu, it keeps the body from over producing mucus. So hop in the Rava 4 of yours :perfect: and go get some natural relief. I also have been using Robitussins Cough and Cold syrup and at night their PM version. Works very nicely on my very sensitive system.

Sorry folks for the OT, gotta get Maya feelin better!! }P

Big ole' hugs to ya Maya, glad I'm here too!! :)

Oh, the file is all uploaded now, here's the address to download the file:

http://www.ramwolffsworld.com/PS_and_XaraX/RAMs_Fractals.zip

Enjoy, everyone!! 8}

Richard ;)

You seem to be pretty well known already, RAMWolff :D

Welcome to the forum!

Also there is an herb called "Slippery Elm" (I have Natures_Answer brand) you can get it in a tincture and put about 10 to 20 drops in your Ginger tea (I buy the Traditional_Medicinals brand "Ginger Aid", which is all over the place, so it shouldn't be hard to find). Slippery Elm helps your body to regulate mucus. Singers use it to keep their voice boxes moist and from getting horse, and the opposite happens when you have a cold or flu, it keeps the body from over producing

May I recommend Gypsy Cold Care by Traditional Medicinals? It's a tea that really helps with this bug du' jour.

Moth said:
May I recommend Gypsy Cold Care by Traditional Medicinals? It's a tea that really helps with this bug du' jour.

...nah. May I recommend a 12yr old single malt (Glenmorangie's a favourite & assuming suitable age), someone else to pander to your every need and a roaring log fire :D

oh, hello as well. B7

You may send all those viruses to me: I will burn them to oblivion.

my remedy:

1/ get enough sleep and dreamtime
2/ get overdoses of enthusiasm
3/ really hate being sick (not easy for Christians)
4/ never talk about disease and illness
5/ be mindful that you have NO profit whatsoever from being ill
(rest, attention, people caring for you, etc etc etc...)

Heh, thanks for the hearty welcomes and advice.

Only problem with some of the info though.

Gypsy Cold Care has Echincea in it and I'm allergic to it. :( I tend to stick with single herbs remedies. Another really good herb that works well is Astragalus!! :)

12yr old Malt's won't do unless they are Malted Milk Shakes, I'm a recovered (13 years now) alcoholic!! :perfect:

Erics advice is pretty sound, while I'm not a Christian, us Wiccans hate being sick as well!! [innocent]

Richard ;)

:D :D ;) Hey there Richard! Thanks for the good cold care advice and links to the herbs---I hear ya! ;) I found some herbal tablets which contain the slippery elm, zinc and echinacea and feel a lot better now...this was soooo contagious everyone seems to have gotten it. Now I hope I can avoid the flu which is going around as I haven't had a flu shot (never have gotten one). Yeah we Wiccans aren't impervious to everything! ;) :\ I rarely get sick though, thankfully, but I think stress can contribute to the tendency and I've been overloaded with stressful stuff lately. Anyway....thanks so much Richard and I hope you're doing better too!!! :D
P.S. I downloaded your pattern file! B7 B7 :perfect:

Hugs!
---Maya

Hey Maya,

Glad your feeling better!! :perfect: :)

I hope those pattern fills come in handy here and there. I just didn't see anyone offering up any fractal patterns and was surprised that PS didn't have a way to create fractals on it's own. Probably can but then you have to go through the process of saving each new pattern into a .pat file, so I thought it was a good idea to supply a whole mess of them. And keep in mind if just scaling the fill doesn't do it for you then you can always go to the layers area and right click and choose "create layer" and you will have a fully editiable fill to rotate and what not. NICE!! :perfect: Then you can merge visible after your done and go on to add more effects to it. :perfect: Just wish that PS would endlessly tile the fill once it's layered like that. :(|

Richard ;)

:D I'm sure they will come in handy in all sorts of ways---you're now "King of the Pattern Fills" in my book! :rofl: ;)
---Maya

Back