What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New icons for stock sale

pauloalex_98

Power User
Hi guys, I've been a contributor of a couple of stock image websites (not gonna mention the websites, it's against the rules) and these are the last two icons I decided to sell.
I'm always open to new opinions and I'd appreciate your opinions. I'm also wondering, is Illustrator 9 gonna make the vectorial images lose quality on the other side? If so, what Illustrator version can I use to not lose quality and have a small file size so it's easier to upload? I have had issues uploading Illustrator 8 and 10 vectorial images because the file size was too big. Regarding the artboards, that is not much of a problem. I have had problems with the file size, because Illustrator 8 and 10 give you an excellent definition quality but end up being too big in file size. One of these illustrations I finished with Illustrator 8 gave me over 140,000MB. With Illustrator 9, it has less than 10MB.

Untitled-3lowres.jpgUntitled-4lowres.jpg

JJLAPIN

Guru
Hi guys, I've been a contributor of a couple of stock image websites (not gonna mention the websites, it's against the rules) and these are the last two icons I decided to sell.
I'm always open to new opinions and I'd appreciate your opinions. I'm also wondering, is Illustrator 9 gonna make the vectorial images lose quality on the other side? If so, what Illustrator version can I use to not lose quality and have a small file size so it's easier to upload? I have had issues uploading Illustrator 8 and 10 vectorial images because the file size was too big. Regarding the artboards, that is not much of a problem. I have had problems with the file size, because Illustrator 8 and 10 give you an excellent definition quality but end up being too big in file size. One of these illustrations I finished with Illustrator 8 gave me over 140,000MB. With Illustrator 9, it has less than 10MB.

View attachment 107101View attachment 107102
Vector images made in illustrator such as the ones you have posted should be very small in file size. Kilobytes not Megabytes in size.
Illustrator File: 316kb
Vector PDF File: 200kb

Attachments

• Fork.ai
    308.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Fork.pdf
    195.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nice job but there are a few issues.........

Screen Shot 2019-10-18 at 9.25.16 AM copy.png

The forks spines are crooked and not positioned properly.

Screen Shot 2019-10-18 at 9.25.24 AM copy.png

pauloalex_98

Power User
Than
Nice job but there are a few issues.........

View attachment 107120

The forks spines are crooked and not positioned properly.

View attachment 107119
Thank you for letting me know of that! I noticed the fork thing but didn't pay much attention to it, regarding the red beverage logo, I had no idea there was a bump there. I might fix it the thing is they're already been approved, but I can always remove them and re-do the job.

pauloalex_98

Power User
Vector images made in illustrator such as the ones you have posted should be very small in file size. Kilobytes not Megabytes in size.
Illustrator File: 316kb
Vector PDF File: 200kb
Yes, the thing is I'm using EPS, not PDF or AI. EPS files tend to be bigger in file size.

pauloalex_98

Power User
EPS File: 755kb
Wow. This has something to do with the way I'm exporting the files for sure. I have to look into this, anyhow, I still manage to upload the files. Btw, the problems have been fixed. I'm going to remove the icons and re-submit them.

pauloalex_98

Power User
Untitled-3lowres.jpgUntitled-4lowres.jpg

Fixed versions. I think they're a lot better than the previous ones. (Sorry for double-posting, if there's an admin that can edit my previous post because I can't edit it)