What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New italian PS site

ApWizard

hi mate!
In this weeks my friends and i have worked around a project named "Digital Valve". This was born from a contest "DV Contest" in a newsgroup.
The site we have made contains the FAQ of the newsgroup (icgp - it.comp.grafica.photoshop), the tutorials section, a forum, a "linx engine" where you can find links for ps, indesign, illustrator, ventura...and tutorials for these programs and brushes or books and many resources like fonts ecc....

This site is a "baby" or "new born" and it doesn't still content all, but we working hard! The tutorials will writed in italian and english so if you want to visit our site we are happy!

If you want, take the time to tell Your critics so we can make the best!

This is the link: www.digitalvalve.net

Thanks in advance!:perfect:

ApWizard

I like the site, nice colors, layouts and what is more important; everything is working fine in my browser; IE6. I also like how you designed a logo for the first page and how it returns as a smaller logo in the background of some (should be all) of the other pages.
I also think that it will contain enough information to keep everybody happy.

There are however two things that I don't like;

i appreciate your ctitics, very usefull things and thinks. I know the style of every page change continuously i think i need some guidelines to work better than was i do (very bad english:( ).
After that i'll following the guidlines to do an unique style site!

Thank You MATE:perfect:

ApWizard

ApW

So you are Italian! your English is a lot better than my Italian since I can only say one word =volare.

Ok the site is really visually appealing. I like the 2 dimensional look you get with your buttons and logo. Site has a sleek metal engineering quality about it.

Like Gaus, I also would like to see a similiar layout (colors and style) going from cover to page to page. It is referred to as "glue" In Hollywood. That is, when one scene changes into another directors try to glue the mood, emotion and background so that the change is not disruptive to the eye (viewer).

You are almost there. Good luck. Wish you great success.

Joy

Ap, I read through the comments and I agree with the opinion that the site should have continuity. It really helps people know where they are, where they were, and where they want to go next.

One thing you might try is, using pen & paper, map out your site, all of it's features, and where they are in relation to each other. (Home page, secondary pages that stem directly from the home page, and, tertiary pages that stem directly from the secondary pages.) Make yourself a template, and use it consistently throughout the site.

One way to approach it, if you like having your pages different, is to make your homepage and have on it links to the main categories with links to their sub-categories listed below each one. Then make a (very) similar template (maybe a smaller logo, less flash, whatever, but with all of the pertinant links) for your secondary pages. Then, from your secondary template, make a tertiary template for the sub-categories. Make the tertiary template a bare-bones version of the secondary template, but have the navigation kept to the basics (secondary category that it falls under & pages related to the current page only, or something like that.) These tertiary pages are usually where the "meat" of the site is.

On my personal sites, I use the same template throughout the entire site, since they don't really contain much information. One exception might be a site that has content in a popup window. I'll make a different template for the pop-up. But, where I work, (for a division of the US Federal Government) we have thousands & thousands & thou... (you get my point) of pages and on that site we use the 3 separate templates (although right now it probably has 5 different looks since we're moving to a new look, whadda mess!)

Anyway, enough of my blabbing. Sorry if I've lost or confused you... [oops] But, before I forget! I did take a look at your site and I like the elements that you have. Great Photoshop'ing and your excitement about the site definately shows through. Nice job :)

Back