What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New laptop

Bushi

Hey everyone,

I wanna buy a new laptop to work on my pictures and do some editing.
Now am wondering what the best option would be to do this.

Does anyone have a good option?
Was thinking of the new Dell XPS 15, as it has some good specs. But is there something better that I maybe have overlooked?

Also am wondering of getting a 17 inch monitor. So the XPS falls a bit out of range in that regard.

Hello and welcome.

I wanna buy a new laptop to work on my pictures and do some editing. Now am wondering what the best option would be to do this.
This could depend on what software you're planning on using to "work on and edit" pictures. Each software company will post their software's system requirements. This may also depend on your budget.

If your needs require a 17 inch monitor, then you need to be looking a laptops that have 17 inch monitors.

Hello and welcome.

This could depend on what software you're planning on using to "work on and edit" pictures. Each software company will post their software's system requirements. This may also depend on your budget.

If your needs require a 17 inch monitor, then you need to be looking a laptops that have 17 inch monitors.

Thankls for the respond.

Well it needs to run photoshop very smoothly. It doesn't have to be a 17 inch laptop. Although bigger might be better to work with, but on the other hand doesn't do good for battery life.

If you're going to run Ps, you just need to check Adobe System Requirements for Photoshop. Any laptop meeting these requirements should suffice.

As for the screen size, that's personal preference. As I stated above, your budget is what plays a role with that. My personal advice is to purchase the largest and most powerful lap top/system you can afford. You will also require a Pen Tablet as well if your intentions are to do serious work. A track pad or mouse are simply to cumbersome for serious work.

If you're going to run Ps, you just need to check Adobe System Requirements for Photoshop. Any laptop meeting these requirements should suffice.

As for the screen size, that's personal preference. As I stated above, your budget is what plays a role with that. My personal advice is to purchase the largest and most powerful lap top/system you can afford. You will also require a Pen Tablet as well if your intentions are to do serious work. A track pad or mouse are simply to cumbersome for serious work.

The thing about that site is that they don't state the optimum system requirements. Or maybe I've overlooked them?

Thanks for the tip!
I will continue my search.

The thing about that site is that they don't state the optimum system requirements.
Optimum is anything above and beyond the fundamental system requirements.

Back