What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New monitor

Possum169

I just switched over to a Mac Pro and I'm still getting used to the monitor can someone tell me how the images look do the colors look washed out?

96sch-5.jpg

96sch-1.jpg

They don't look washed out to me yet you should know that your images do not have an embedded profile (color scale). Browsers will interpret that as an sRGB color profile (most of the time yet not always). In PS, it most often will just assign the working RGB to it when you load it (which may or may not be correct).
Newwer MacBook Pros and other Apple devices most often are set to a profile of P3 (a wide gamut similar to Adobe RGB). If you create in P3 or Adobe RGB and send it to most browsers without an embedded profile, it will look washed out.

Does this make any sense to you. Not eveyone is aware of the color management fundamentals yet I might also be preaching to the choir.
Off hand it looks good assuming that the design profile is sRGB.
John Wheeler

BTW - what is the monitor you are using. I just realized you said MacPro and not MacBook Pro. And is you monitor profiled and calibrated?

They don't look washed out to me yet you should know that your images do not have an embedded profile (color scale). Browsers will interpret that as an sRGB color profile (most of the time yet not always). In PS, it most often will just assign the working RGB to it when you load it (which may or may not be correct).
Newwer MacBook Pros and other Apple devices most often are set to a profile of P3 (a wide gamut similar to Adobe RGB). If you create in P3 or Adobe RGB and send it to most browsers without an embedded profile, it will look washed out.

Does this make any sense to you. Not eveyone is aware of the color management fundamentals yet I might also be preaching to the choir.
Off hand it looks good assuming that the design profile is sRGB.
John Wheeler
Ive had issues with color and since I'm in the field I need to have my process as official as possible for any application. How do I address this? Maybe you have a link. Thanks for the input.

BTW - what is the monitor you are using. I just realized you said MacPro and not MacBook Pro. And is you monitor profiled and calibrated?
I just read up about embedded profiles and I suspect it has played a part in some of my color issues. I'll be setting that export to srbg in lightroom and photoshop. I'm using a 15in MacBook pro. This info was very useful. I'm now focusing more on color accuracy and manipulation. I have a spgder for calibration. Hope it helps...

With a calibrator/profiler device from Xrite or Datacolor (eg Spyder) and using/embedding profiles and using color managed software including browsers you are well on your way to more accurate and consistent colors.

Back