What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to manipulations

ddl

Hello,

Here are my two latest manipulations, still getting the hang of blending images together. Would love feedback and critiques from the experts out there !!

First image I warped and manipulated a tree, and added the bridge foreground and sky background.

Second Image, turned a day shot of tree to night ,duplicate and flipped it, added ruins in middle and a beam of "moonlight"

Attachments

• bridgeguard.jpg
    bridgeguard.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2
  • foresttest.jpg
    foresttest.jpg
    676.3 KB · Views: 3
I think you are doing well with the combining part. I like the sensibilities of the images. One you have symmetrical and the other offset. I think your understanding of composition is pretty good and will improve the more you do this kind of manipulation.

But as iDad observed, too dark and contrast issues. There are mostly black areas and medium to dark grey, with only the least little white in the second image. So you are missing a wide range of tonalities. In fact, to see this more clearly, take the jpeg and desaturate it.

Look at your second image. You will notice that the trees are sharp in the foreground and equally sharp in the BG, if not more so. Then the stones in the middle are a bit muddy looking. The trees in the BG should be somewhat more blurred than the stones, or at the very least, the stones should be sharper. This could result from combining images of different resolutions, which should be avoided at all costs. The one exception I can see to that rule is you want to bring in an image that will be used in miniature and the details will be less relevant.

Keep up the good work!

Back