What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to Photoshop

dmb3073

Hello, New user to Photoshop. I am watching instructional videos at the same time trying to learn Photoshop. I've tried to work through it myself to learn but only ended up with a headache. The first instruction video I was working with is starting from scratch as a brand new user and the interface basics. Just into the video while in PS myself, every time I try to do something, my watermark/identity plate is on and I don't see where I have anything selected for this, I don't even have it turned on in Lightroom. How do I de-select this or remove it so I can continue to practice even the simplest things like a brush stroke or text to learn this program?

Hello and welcome.

Not sure as to what you're talking about. Unless there has been some change, watermark/identity plates were a function of Lightroom and not Ps. Are you opening photos from Lightroom?

Does this happen when you create a new document?

Yes it happens even if I shut down PS and reopen a new document, my identity plate is not turned on in LR and I don't have LR open
example- trying to use the brush tool and everywhere I move in the new blank document, the image of my logo/identity plate is dragging everywhere I move my cursor

Is the logo/identity plate a brush that you made? Have you tried switching to a new brush?

Not sure what it was as I didn't make anything.. I actually had to get Adobe support to remotely fix my PS in my programs as there was an error in my preferences
Thanks everyone for the help!!

Back