What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Tutorial- Paper Curling Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
2nd try

Well the first was the best,but practice,practice,practice.

You're doing just great PAKMN! :perfect:

Well done Pakmn :perfect: looks like your curling right along there :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
sfm

Well, made another stab at the paper curl tutorial. The reason the text says "why the black lines, when I flattened the image, there seemed to be black lines around the paper, however, they disappeared when I made a jpg out of it [confused] .
Also, when I tried to distort the text as instructed under transform, the distort menu was greyed out. Any constructed criticism still welcome. It is getting easier :D

nice curl

Hey that looks good, maybe Ill try another.

Looks good Leejune! :perfect: Yes, it gets easier the more you practise! ;)

[confused] Not sure about the case of the disappearing black line (are you 100% sure that you had the layer active before saving?) but likely the reason that you couldn't distort the text was because it wasn't rasterized first! ;)

Good work and kudos to you for sticking with this! :D

Ya nice effect Leejune. :perfect:

The lines you saw were probably just the Path lines you created to make the paper shape. Flattening the document may have just made them visible, where before they weren't. Next time that happens, press Ctrl+H (hide selection) and if they disappear, then that's what it is.

There are only a certain few types of manual tranforms you can perform on unRasterized type. As Wendy mentioned, rasterize the type layer first.

Question: why is the underside of the curled edge blurred? Just a visual effect you were after?

Thanks for the comments everyone. Mark, guess I still did not get Page 4 of your instructions down pat, that is why the underside is blurred as is. I used the polygon tool, filled with black, and then fiddle with it until I THOUGHT it looked OK. Did not think to rasterize the image, forgot we were working in vector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back