What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new view

Erik

Guru
Sometimes you can do most of your work on a normal sized view (100%) but some areas ask for zooming in very closely.
Instead of changing each time your zoom settings, you can open a second view by choosing View>New View
This way you can have two copies of the same image open and any changes you make on one, affects both. You can zoom in on one and use the navigation palette or the hand tool (hold down the spacebar) to navigate, and keep the other copy at 100%.
This is for example very good for cloning work because you always have the 100% open to see what your cloning actually does to the pic, and the detailed view to work in.

To copy a selection you made on a layer to another layer, you can copy it to the clipboard (Ctrl/Cmnd+C, then Ctrl/Cmnd+V, or copy and paste).
You can also do without the clipboard by usingLayer>New Layer via Copy

The selected area will be copied to a new layer on the same place. (Handy with some blending modes for example)

view new view hey [:I cool B7 I have spent a lot of time zooming in and out to see if what I was doing was having the effect that I wanted [confused] thanks Erik I will remember that one! [excited]
sfm

Stay in the moment, my young Padawan.

That's what tips are for.
Thanks Sue.

By the way: you wrote somewhere on the forum that it's your birthday this week, but in your info it's in June...
You want to confuse us, or you want some extra hugs twice this year???
If it's this week: H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y !

This is a good example of why I have no business going to PS 7.0. I still have so much in PS 6 that I don't even know about. Thanks Eric this is a great tip! I've done the zoom in - zoom out thing and now I'm sick because I didn't need to.

Rich

it twas my anniversary this week.......... we did everything but get married so took a trip to Thailand and had a Budhist wedding - well it was different and I didn't understand a word but I think we got married he he he

my birthday is in June - just keeping you on your toes he he he
but I will take the hugs anyway their lotsa fun [confused]
sfm

Great tip Erik the Tipmeister!
:perfect:

In addition, I use View > New View to soft proof my images. This is great as it allows me to compare and contrast the soft proof with the original as a frame of reference.

Rick Miller

Back