What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Window

C9Mouse

Power User
Not sure how many of you already know this, but I thought I would mention it anyway. The other day I was talking to a guy who has used Photoshop for five years and I mentioned this tip to him and he said, "Wow! All this time I never knew that!"

So here it is ....

I was working recently on a pixel design of an old NES game unit. Working pixel by pixel is time-consuming and very hard on the eyes.

I found it very useful to go to Window>Documents>New Window, which opens a second window of the same document. This made it very easy to zoom in close on one document and see my progress in the other.

Here is a screenshot of what I mean ...

O wow, that's a really awesome tip. Thanks, i never new that but it'll sure come in handy.

BTW think you could post the image once your done. It looks really good.

Sanby

;) Yes, it's a great tip for the very purpose that you speak of C9Mouse... and thanks for sharing it!

Here's the image at 100% ... the NES game unit.

Good work C9Mouse! :perfect: I know how difficult (tedious & time-consuming) it is to work pixel by pixel and I admire anybody who has both the talent and inclincation to do so. Pixel art is beautiful on its own! :)

Great tip, C9Mouse, thanks! Excellent image, too. I'm with Wendy here...I don't have the patience to work with pixel images, but I admire those who do.

Another good use for New View is doing seperate channel work.

Let's say you want to Gaussian Blur the Red channel, but want to keep an eye on the RGB composite. Well, New View to the rescue.

Yep... thanks for the reminder Stroker! ;)

TOMANY PALLETS IN THE WAY TRY THIS!

I wish I could take credit for discovering this but I can't. My wife who doesn't really use P7 found this by accident. She always has to listen to me gripe and moan about having to constantly move pallets around when zooming in and out.

This is how my problem was cured.

Where the File Browser is located simply drag what ever Pallet you want to this location and drop it in that window and it attaches itslef there.
You don't see the File Browser in my screen capture because I for one don't see a use for it. But that's just me! ;)

Palletcure.jpg

This is really sweet for cleaning up the work area.

Only draw back I have found is that I can't move a selection until I close the pallet.

In other words....If you have the SELECT tool selected and the Layers window open or expanded you can't move the selection until you colapse the Layers Pallet window.

I hope that was clear? [innocent]

I just noticed I could edit my posts

I'm still learning about all the things you can do in this forum. I forgot to close the Tags on my previous post andwas able to go back and fix it... :perfect:

THis forum is just to cool...... :}

yep that well is a wonderfull idea Digi........ but you dont get the "well" when your screen is at 800x600 [stuned]
editing your posts is one thing...... wish I could edit "myself" ha ha ha
sfm

B7 DigiGuy! Personally, I'm not fond of the "well".... [innocent] Oh well... that's just me!

;) And don't forget "tab" to hide all your palettes! Greatest tip that I ever ran across on this here forum! :D

Back