What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Newbie at your disposal!"

P.S. I'm in the process of trying to make a personal website. But am unsure of how to do this. Any help would be apreciated!

thanks.

It's impossible for anyone to explain in a few words how to make a web site.

That's why I suggest to Google for: web design for beginners

Several sites can show you how to do it. Most people already have a web site editor: notepad or for more flexibility Word, both good enough to get your feet wet. Later on you might think about using Dreamweaver or something more advanced than just notepad.

I've been pleased with "WeBuilder 2008" ... I have multiple displays on my computer, and WeBuilder allows me to have the code section in the left display, its own local display in the middle display, and I can have a browser open to a website in the right display. Really cool setup.

But I agree, you first need an foundation in HTML, followed by one in CSS. Use google.com to search for

html tutorial

You'll get a lot of responses (I just checked: 7,300,000). The one at the top,

HTML: An Interactive Tutorial - Dave's HTML Code Guide - Learn to code HTML with our free HTML help guide!

is a good place to start.

After you get a good foundation in HTML, the you need to learn some Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) basics. That technology really makes HTML fly. Cool stuff.

Good luck!

Back