What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie photoshop question

ralph659

Hello,

This is my first post here, looks like a very interesting forum!

For my new website I asked a graphics designer to design the header and footer.
I received the header and footer in JPG and I also received the source file in PSD.

I now changed some text on the sourcefile. The sourcefile actually shows my whole website. If I save now, I get a picture of my whole website. I would like to save the header and footer seperately.

I don't immediately find in Photoshop how you can select or copy the footer-selection or the header-selection so I can save it in a new JPEG-file.

I would appreciate it a lot if someone could explain me.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Duplicate the document (Menu->image->Duplicate)
Use the selection tools (usually you'll use the marquee tool) to get the piece of the design you want.
goto menu->image->crop
goto menu->file->save for web
Save it
Close the duplicate without saving.

I usually drop several non visible layers with the rectangles to be "cutted", filled and with relevant names, then I use those to select the bits I want to cut (just a Ctrl+click) and apply an action previously recorded with all the above steps.

Back