What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mojo027

OMG, this is pissing the hell out of me. I had to find a forum to help.

The other day I went into photoshop, a popup came up, thinking it was nothing I quickly cancelled it. Then when I got into photoshop my whole spectrum of colors/swatches were some form of pink, with a black and a few pale greens. This obviously pisses me off. Can anyone help me with this? The Adobe Help doesn't help at all, and a few google searches were unsuccessful.

I've tried reinstalling, playing with the color settings in EDIT. This evening I did some extensive reading in the Help and did find that the problem might have something to do with gamut (spectrum able to be printed, or something). I don't understand how to fix it, if that is even the problem. I have things to do in Photoshop and this is really getting on my nerves. Help!!!

Did you try to hold Ctrl+Shift+Alt (Windows) when you boot Photoshop; this will reset your preference file.

Make sure that you make a backup first, if you want to restore the original file ;)

Hi mojo027, this is because your monitor?s color settings are not matching ps, the same thing happened with me when I first installed ps in my new computer...
To solve the problem, go to the windows command panel and calibrate your monitor using ADOBE GAMMA, wich comes with ps...
hope this help you.... ;)

TaK said:
Hi mojo027, this is because your monitor?s color settings are not matching ps, the same thing happened with me when I first installed ps in my new computer...
To solve the problem, go to the windows command panel and calibrate your monitor using ADOBE GAMMA, wich comes with ps...
hope this help you.... ;)
OMG YOU'RE A GOD!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH.

you?re welcome mojo027!
Like I said, the same thing happened to me and I got very bothered....
I don?t even remenber why I tried that, maybe I was just lucky... :)
cheers, and good photoshopping!!

how do you do that ADOBE GAMMA thing? do you just right click on the desktop and go to properties? if so, where do you go from there? I tried looking around, but I can't find anything to do with it...

hey 101jinx101 you just need to find the adobe gamma icon at the windows COMMAND PANEL... ;)

If you have PS installed on a Windows PC then look in the Control Panel and you will find the Adobe Gamme icon. 8))

Color all Screwed up, ps7, osX

I found the nightmare post with replies and was hopeful that I'd found a solution. I tried the calibration thing but it didn't work for me.

I'm having a similar problem. One day it was working and the next all the colors are off. Don't know what I did to cause this. The color window has the color rainbow but it doesn't have the smooth transistions. It's choppy and harsh in appearance.

I deleted the preferences. [command][option][shift] at application launch.

I reinstalled photoshop.

The pictures look good in the finder and preview but not photoshop. Anything I edit becomes hopelessly out of sync with every other application. \:] - Robert

Reset the colour swatches to default in the option dropdown.
You have probably loaded WEB HUES which are pretty.
Pretty but generally useless for normal working. ;)

Cheers, Al

And the lesson is: DO NOT DISCARD PHOTOSHOP MESSAGES IMMEDIATELY, read them!
(Sorry for shouting)

Back