What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

no lighting effects in CS5?

imryannn

so i was watching this tutorial on youtube, at one they said go into effects, and click lightings effects, that will help cast a shadow behind the object, and when i went to go do this, I DONT HAVE IT...no lighting affects at all...i have CS5 so shouldnt i have it?

thanks for any help

ok then your graphics card does not support open GL or you have disabled it I am guessing you dont have 3d either

go to edit> preferences> performance and see if you can put a tick in the open GL Box if not try updating your graphics card driver failing that then sorry but you will need a new graphics card with at least 512 MB memory and open GL capabilities

mmm I just read that it seems to only be available in 32 bit mode are you running 64 bit mode ps on just cs5 not cs5.1

close photoshop,

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 and launch the program from there by double clicking the photoshop.exe

yes Macs can not run the lighting effects in 64 bit mode

1. In the Finder, choose Go > Applications.
  2. Expand the Photoshop folder. Then right-click the Photoshop application icon, and choose Get Info.
  3. In the General section of the Info window, select Open In 32-bit Mode.
  4. Close the Info window, and restart Photoshop.

Back