What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not romantic

ibclare

Queen Bee
Think I figured out which place to post finished work in. At least finished until I get comments, which I welcome. So please feel free. I already improved one image based on constructive criticism. :mrgreen:

These are two related images, one I posted before in a different zspot. I am ready to move on. This forum had helped me review old techniques I haven't used much or am out of practice, and I'm learning a lot based on other people's questions. Hugs to everybody for their thoughtfulness! We need a hug smiley :rolleyes:

So one of these was just a quick fun one and the other was some serious work, but worth the do and redo. Will make it a lot faster next time. Ready to move on to a different challenge.

Attachments

• Lady of the Rock.jpg
    Lady of the Rock.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
  • HiDesertSnow.jpg
    HiDesertSnow.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Hi ibclare

Glad to see that you are improving, every time a bit, that's great.

First Pic
- The sky definitely doesn't make justice to the background, like doesn't belong in the scene.
- See those wires and thinner wooden posts, needs to be cleaned
- the ghostly model seems outta place, perhaps adding some subtle rocky texture will make it more vibrant and visually catchy.

Second Pic
- there's not relationship in between the model texture and the background.
- The model shadow is too strong, try lowering opacity a bit.
- the light, saturation, sharpening and exposure on the scene, needs to be improved.

Try adjusting and matching the color balance in between all the objects in the pic, you can use a neutral color shade overlay to blend objects better also you can try blurring or darkening some objects that doesn't need to be the focal point on the scene.

* Just my 5 cents.

Thanks Sir N, 5 cents is better than 2. ;-] That's a lot of good critique. More than I saw by myself. I thought I was done, LOL. But I will give it a shot, not today or tomorrow. If I have probs, I'll get back to you if you don't mind.

The first one I can see needs the adjustments that maximus said. The second one, I can also see what he means, and the background trees and mountains and things are a bit distracting, BUT, I think it´s really cool otherwise. Those two figures look like they are checking eachother out and there is something ominous to the whole situation. There is something "X-Files" over it. :) It looks like something is about to happen and I can see different scenarios in my head. I actually don´t mind that the model doesn´t have the same texture as the background, it makes it even more interesting, and makes you wonder what and where this figure is and came from.

I think on the whole it is very interesting and intriguing, and it´s actually quite artistic and even beautiful in a creepy kind of way. :)

Thank you. I will certainly tke the technical criticism. Composition and artistic effects I may keep. I'm willing to try changing the lady's texture to blend her in more, but for me it works as is. As far as the "ghost" goes, it is not a ghost at all in reality, but a picture of a rock painting in the exact same rcoks that are pictured. I agree the power lines are distracting.

Anyway, I really appreciate the comments and will try to even out the color and maybe eveb level or sharpen my ghost to make his rockiness more apparent. I'm mainly interested at the moment in making the technical corrections, since I really want to mve on to the next project. Ready to leave the x-files behind. And yes Vafann, a slightly ominous situation but a woman of magic who is not going to get too concerned ;-}

Cheers, Clare

Hi Sir Maximus,

I tried to do all you suggested. It's good to be advised how to look with a sharper eye at my pictures, so I appreciate your input. The sky in that first one was intentional but didn't work. I had tried to make her lips neon, but the figure wasn't large enough to show them. Anyway, it didn't fit well with the rest of it which is neutral and subtle color. But . . . I'll accept criticism, but I'm done with these images for now. Bored. Here are my re-dos.

Attachments

• Lady of the Rock.jpg
    Lady of the Rock.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • HiDesertSnowAltered.jpg
    HiDesertSnowAltered.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Hi ibclare

- I like your work, your pictures have improved a lot. the difference on the first pic is clearly visible, just by changing the sky it looks more natural. also nice job on cleaning a some other elements that were a bit distracting.

- On the second pic, i can see that you also have changed and improved some things, like textures, color, and saturation, now all the scene looks complete and everything blends in together.

Then again, just my 5 cents.

But, the most important thing, for all of us is that, trough this process of changing things here and there, changing modes adding or removing objects, etc, we all learn new things, new techniques, new tools that most of the time we didn't even realized, that those tools were there, so we can use them, in order to improve our skills, our perspectives of this amazing world of digital art, and at the end of the day everything comes down to just enjoy what we do.

Last edited:

Back