What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

oh, this is just one of my students!

E

elmo033057

Man, kids these days! This is one of my students that wanted to have a really cool attitude on Facebook so I created this icon for him. He likes to call himself the Uberspank.

I used the poster filter to get the gritty looking image and I put the reflections of the person with their hands to their face into his sunglasses. I think the end result came out pretty cool but I will be looking forward to hearing what you have to say about this. Just don't be too brutal on me!

God bless

Elmo:pimp:uberspank.jpg

Ehhh, really? looks like a guy who could easily molest someone.

But seriously, the smile looks a bit hiphop. He needs a grill, like some diamonds or some kind of sparkle.

no, really seriously this time, it looks kinda fun...

But the most important part is, what does your student think? If he's got the kind of out going clowning personality to pull it off, then fine. But if he doesn't...

on second thought, after looking at the image a bit longer, it really does look a bit scary. The reflected image in the sunglasses is clearly that of a man in some kind of agony, whether it be emotional or physical.

It's obvious the guy looking at the man is quite pleased with what he is seeing. It's more than a bit disturbing and it's not entirely clear from your description if your student really wants to convey "disturbed" as his first impression on a social networking site.

Perhaps, take the "guy in pain" out of the picture and replace it with something your student actually likes "in real life" (assuming he/she does NOT like men in anguish in real life).

thanks for the input. Actually, the person reflected in the glasses is probably me on one of my better days trying to teach this kid something. You are absolutely right, this is a disturbing picture but is the one I have to live with day in and day out. here is another picture that I have composed of this wonderful individual. I'm so glad he finally graduated a couple weeks ago.

Jfather.jpg

Attachments

• godfather.jpg
    godfather.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 27

Back