What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Old Band Photo

Moble Guy

I have 3 terrible photos of my old band but I would love to have the best one cleaned up and enhanced if possible.
I'd appreciate any efforts I could get with this photo.
Thank You.

Band100.jpg

[ iLLuSioN ]

Power User
Am I wrong or have you already edited the photo? Or are they reflections from a glass? There are also tons of compression artifacts...
Better you scan it again and save it as TIF, PSD or another lossless file format.

Dennis1507

I only saw one image. Tried to clean up, lower noise level and sharpen the image. Hope you like the results.

Band100.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just foolin; with some new actions I picked up...image still needs lots of work. Seriously out of focus.
I agree. These type of images are so difficult to improve and require a lot of work to be done correctly.

Moble Guy

Am I wrong or have you already edited the photo? Or are they reflections from a glass? There are also tons of compression artifacts...
Better you scan it again and save it as TIF, PSD or another lossless file format.
I scanned it, converted to greyscale ( the image was brown tinted ) then converted it to RGB, was planning to colorize it.
I have a PSD I will upload.

Attachments

• Band101.psd
    24.3 MB · Views: 5

[ iLLuSioN ]

Power User
I'm confused...

The image in the psd-file is much smaller than the image you posted first but it shows also compression artefacts ( less but definitely there)

Moble Guy

I'm confused...

The image in the psd-file is much smaller than the image you posted first but it shows also compression artefacts ( less but definitely there)
It is smaller, the original PSD was to large and wouldn't upload.
OK, I converted it back to gray scale.
I'm hoping to get some sharpening, I can handle the colorizing.

Thanks to everybody for your help.

Attachments

• Band102BW.psd
    10.2 MB · Views: 2