What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Old wedding photo - urgent!

I really want to use my grandparents’ wedding photo in their anniversary gift - I’m an artist an scrapbooker - but I would be eternally grateful if someone could help me fix the colour and lighting, and maybe get rid of some of the fuzzyness? The original photo i scanned was pretty small… It’s for tomorrow so I’m not getting my hopes up, but I lose nothing by trying! Thanks so much!
4BCEFA82-4D0D-4663-A6B4-176ECD1421A8.jpeg

Here’s my own best attempt, but I am by no means great at this.
F4907723-F129-4166-BFF5-C59A6167BC1D.png

Last edited:

Argos

Guru
Btw I wasn't sure if delete the lights around the head of the man, but they can be a little distracting, if you want them removed just let me know.

Btw I wasn't sure if delete the lights around the head of the man, but they can be a little distracting, if you want them removed just let me know.
I wouldn’t mind seeing what it looks like, but if you don’t have much time I don’t wanna ask for too much haha

JeffK

Guru
Hi -
I upsized the photo a bit but kept the resoluion at 300 ppi for print.
Did a curves and sharpen adjustment.
Removed the lights that were infringing on the veil and those that seemed to be coming out of the groom's head.
Great photo to keep and blessings to them both on their anniversary!
- Jeff
grandparents wedding edited.jpg

Hi -
I upsized the photo a bit but kept the resoluion at 300 ppi for print.
Did a curves and sharpen adjustment.
Removed the lights that were infringing on the veil and those that seemed to be coming out of the groom's head.
Great photo to keep and blessings to them both on their anniversary!
- Jeff
View attachment 122507
You all do truly amazing work, I’m touched right now. Thanks for the photo and for the blessings, I’m really grateful x

JeffK

Guru
If I overlay mine over Argos, you won't see Argos version. Let me know what you're trying to achieve and we'll update.

JeffK

Guru
My apologies - if you already have Argos' version, why do you need to overlay it on top of mine?
Do you want me to upsize his version? That's the basic difference.
What changes do you want and I'll be glad to help.

My apologies - if you already have Argos' version, why do you need to overlay it on top of mine?
Do you want me to upsize his version? That's the basic difference.
What changes do you want and I'll be glad to help.
I would like to overlay it with transparency, to have his colors on top of your sharpness, but I cant get it lined up right
18041CB0-9764-4C90-9A2B-355D90F31643.png

ex_teacher

Guru
After seeing the other excellent examples I had to start all over . For one thing, I didn't think there was any usable tonality in the wedding dress. I coaxed it out, which also brought out the texture of the original print media itself and then had to deal with that. Good challenge and fun.

Uncle&Aunt Marry_5.jpg

Last edited: