What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

one of my wallpapers retouched

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
hey,
one of my friends told me that a wallpapers i made on photoshop and posted up on another forum was pixelated and blurred at it's max resolution (1400x1050) buggerish. but i found a filter that helped me out no end in getting the quality back so:
before:
GRAWMIS3Mitchbefore.jpg
After:
GRAWMIS3Mitchafter.jpg
the filter was the high pass sharpen filter. if you look around you'll find it pretty easy

There is plugin for that?
I love it too, have action and shortcut for that.

Hmm...its writen it's free...but can i use it at official work?
And what it really do? Make High Pass filter with overlay? If so then i wouldn't risk.

P.S. Thanks anyway.

Hmm...intresting what use can be from normal mode...okey, i'll check it at home.

A nice bit of depth helps mate.

Attachments

• gawa.jpg
    gawa.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 29
I dont get why you need an external plugin when it is already built in photoshop fiter > other >high pass and then set the bending mode to however you want the trick is with the duplicated layer your adding the high pass on is to adjust the pixel radius so that it is almost a line drawing on the grey background then you get really sharp results. if need be then duplicate the high pass layer a few times

Thats for them who don't know how to make actions and want to press one "button" instead of 10

I was thinking the same as Hoogleman

to answer hoogleman, the built in version isn't as good, i have a little more variety within the controls of the plugin than with the built in version.

plus on the odd occasion it crashes photoshop, i'm running it under a compatibility layer so...

@belial Thanks mate, i'll bare that in mind.

Back