What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Open as layers in Photoshop from Lightroom

Vivek Haldiya

Hi All,
I am new to Photoshop, infact installed yesterday. I use lightroom for most of my work. I have a 108 raw images of a star trail each file about 26MB. I have opened them in Lightroom. Now, when I select all of them and click on Photo -> Edit -> Open as layers in Photoshop, it gets opened and everything seems to be working fine until some 76 images are imported and then I am navigated to a screens like this <Attached Image1>. Even If I click on the Photoshop icon, I get screen like this <Attached Image2>. Not all images are imported as layers. I don't know what's happening.
My computer has a Memory of 16GB and 512GB SSD. Any idea, what could be the problem?

Image1.png

Image2.png

PRESTON

Try doing it this way
open photoshop
go to file / script and click on Load files intro stack
select the folder with the files and see if it's ok.

admin

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Are you getting any of them to open as layers? Don't see any in your second screenshot. Do you have the latest Adobe Camera Raw plugin installed?

Another thing you can try is to open Photoshop before Lightroom, then open Lightroom and try to open your images as layers.

There was a bug in previous Ps versions where Lightroom would not launch Ps properly and some functionality was missing. This was fixed in Photoshop 20.0.2.