What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Open, Open As, New

{OZ}

Did you know?

if you double click on photoshop desktop (an empty area, not on toobars, on menus or an already open image), you get the Open dialog box...

CTRL+double click --> New

ALT+ double click --> Open As

for Windows Machines...

OZ

theKeeper

Guru
Very cool info OZ, thanks.

I knew that though actually [oops]
But i was hoping someone else would post it instead of me. Don't wanna HOG the board now do i?! hehee

I think this new scheme is gonna work out real nice.... reeeeal nice. [honesty]

Keep postin' 'em!!

Erik

Guru
Stay in the moment, my young Padawan.

Great tips Oz. (Being a member of the Local Starwars Fanclub, I will be at the first viewing here in Antwerp, surrounded by Chewys, Darth Vaders, Emperors, Darth Mauls and hopefully an Amidala who will look into my eyes to see her own beauty reflected).

My tip, the first that comes to mind: sometimes you need the rectangular or other selection tools, like for example for cropping. And often your selection doesn't start exactly where you want it to. But if you drag while holding down the space-bar, you can move your selection without changing its size. Let go of the spacecake err -bar and you can continue drawing your selection.

sfm

Guru
Another selection tip I use all the time because I still haven't figured out how to get my circle selection just where I want to first time.........
circle selection tool - try to select as close as I need or want to [innocent] then use the arrow keys to move the selection where it is meant to be[excited]
sfm

kiwi

Guru
Sue try using your guides for that :D

My tip is when in the curves window,levels window and others if you make an adjustment you dont like,just hold down alt {windows} option {Mac} and you will see a re set button [excited]

Stu.

theKeeper

Guru
Sue...
Try creating your marquee type selections from the center outward... it's a bit easier to get 'em close then -- but almost everyone has to move a selection after creating it... that's not just you. [oops]

Holding Alt (MAC: Option) while dragging out the selection, does this function. Adding the Shift key to that keeps the selection proportionate as well as starting it from the center outward.

Great tips thus far everyone! Cool!

Keep 'em comin!! [excited]

sfm

Guru
thanks guys for all the hints [excited] I will put them to practice today - I hope!
sfm