What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OSX to PC?

Yes and no. You cant just sit down at a random PC and install OSX off of a dvd. There are a lot of hardware compatibility issues. You would pretty much need to custom build or get extremely lucky with your current hardware config.. Google "Hackintosh" for more info.

the motherboard should have hackintosh capabilities, which allows the hardware to be highly compatible and act like a mac otherwise it will no doubt just give you error after error after error, apparently mac doesn't work on AMD CPUs either.

if you want to have more security without having all the hulaballoo of making the PC compatible, try looking into Linux, which allows dual booting and i have made photoshop CS5.1 Completely compatible with it and the tute i made for it, is somewhere on the forum.

I have never had a success story on dual booting systems where all my software works fine if I can get photoshop cs5 extended to work on a linux it is very unstable but yet the portable version which is a light version that is probably illegal worked fine. If I was running snow .leopard it worked fine until you get into ram heavy process and can cause computer to crash more so on the video editing side not so much with photoshop unless I was doing heavy liquify filters. safe bet if you are not very knowledgeable on the subject I would stick to either a pc or a mac

ubuntu has improved and it's allot more user friendly than windows hoogle! XD all your software was probably windows based no? wine isn;t perfect, and i love linux, i've converted a completly computer illiterate idiot friend to ubuntu and they never went back to windows.

I tried an ubuntu setup within the last 6 months really couldnt get red wine to install photoshop legitimate windows version not the hacked linux version that worked fine so did the portable version but both were to stripped down for me and i like the filters and plugins I have purchased that cost more than photoshop itself. I would love to get ubuntu running smoothly and not count on a dual boot system but unfortunately I dont think it is happening unless I learn new software including Gimp eeeeewwww no thank you

you install it on a windows machine first then transfer it into linux, that's not hacking it, then you add a few dlls into the wine virtual drive. the portable version which i looked into once has an "app" file where all the plugin and preset folders are kept, i only installed it to see if there was any reason why that installed and my legit version didn't.

well just goes to show do you want to pay an additional $5300 for the same machine that has a mac logo on it

well i want the osx... and to get it i belive i have to buy a macbook or something

You could just get a mac theme for windows 7 makes it look and handle like a mac also you can look into rocket dock etc to get the mac docking systems on a pc and with the themes they make browser windows look like mac as well

ive tryed that but the pc gets so slow...

and btw ill sell my computer i use now (i belive) and buy a laptop/macbook and i want to use photoshop and other adobe programs.
and i think its better to use osx because it doesn't get viruses and stuff.

Back