What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Overwhelmed in South FL

Hello everyone, this is Alexis. I'm a budding South FL general contractor with a small budget to get a new business going. It's hard to find competent people that care about their work even if your paying top dollar. With that said, I have taken it upon myself to learn PhotoShop. Not sure where to start, if anyone can point me in the right direction, I will be eternally grateful. Happy New Year everyone!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks! Happy New Year to you as well!

If you have specific questions, we can easily answer them here on the forum. Let us know.

JeffK

Guru
Hello everyone, this is Alexis. I'm a budding South FL general contractor with a small budget to get a new business going. It's hard to find competent people that care about their work even if your paying top dollar. With that said, I have taken it upon myself to learn PhotoShop. Not sure where to start, if anyone can point me in the right direction, I will be eternally grateful. Happy New Year everyone!
Hi there-
Sam has given you quite a list and even this may seem overwhelming. Not that it can't be done but trying to learn a program like Photoshop may be quite daunting while also launching a business. That leads to two basic questions -

- Why do you want to learn Photoshop?
- Do you have rhe time to Invest in learning Photoshop?

There are 0lenty of tutorials - a great series i recommend is Aaron Nace's
30 Days of Photoshop at PHLearn;

All the basics are covered with explanations,, exercises,, and sample files. PS itself can be gotten for $10.00 a month. Enough for you to decide how much you want/need to learn and how quickly you can put it into play.

There are many good people here who can help you learn and build files. There are freelancers as well even locally- check some local print shops or framing stores that do prints. Art supply businesses might also have someone available or even computer shops. You can take advantage of those while you're learning.

It's a good thing to understand how Photoshop works, how it can be used, and what it's capable of for your venture. But don't lose focus on your core business.

Be assured that there are some excellent creatives here also both on the free and paid forums that can help. And they do care about the quality of their work. Even a couple of techies wandering the hallways. :)

Best of luck and success in your new adventures!

- Jeff

Hi there-
Sam has given you quite a list, and even this may seem overwhelming. Not that it can't be done but trying to learn a program like Photoshop may be quite daunting while also launching a business. That leads to two basic questions -

- Why do you want to learn Photoshop?
- Do you have the time to Invest in learning Photoshop?

There are 0lenty of tutorials - a great series I recommend is Aaron Nace's
30 Days of Photoshop at PHLearn;

All the basics are covered with explanations, exercises, and sample files. PS itself can be gotten for $10.00 a month. Enough for you to decide how much you want/need to learn and how quickly you can put it into play.

There are many good people here who can help you learn and build files. There are freelancers as well, even locally- check some local print shops or framing stores that do prints. Art supply businesses might also have someone available or even computer shops. You can take advantage of those while you're learning.

It's a good thing to understand how Photoshop works, how it can be used, and what it's capable of for your venture. But don't lose focus on your core business.

Be assured that there are some excellent creatives here also both on the free and paid forums that can help. And they do care about the quality of their work. Even a couple of techies wandering the hallways. :)

Best of luck and success in your new adventures!

- Jeff
I have arranged to take time off of work to learn Photoshop because it's a program that can help me with my new business; I'm also interested in helping to create a new project being considered by Milagro Youth Centers in West Palm Beach that mentors and trains graduating teens from the community. The Milagro program helps youth in many aspects. The program director wants to train the teens in Photoshop to develop marketable skills and earn the required 20 hrs of community service to graduate High School. We are currently working with the youth program as a construction mentor, but I also want to help develop skills for youth in Photoshop. Trying to figure out how to go about it.

Thanks for the insight, Jeff. We appreciate your contribution.