What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pantone Gradients

MrPixel

Hey guys what's up mr p here lol just a quickie for you guys recently i acquired a design bundle inside of which i got over 200 gradients my first question would be who can tell me what exactly a pantone gradient is? and seeing how it's coming up to to christmas i feel like being generous so attached is a screenshots of most of the gradients if you want one, two or maybe even ten lol let me know and i will email them off to you i won't be uploading these to a file sharing site mainly because i don't trust them anyway, if you want any of them let me know which ones you want along with your email in a PM and i'll get them sent off to you asap. that is all :cool2:

Screen Shot 2012-11-30 at 16.03.01.png

Last edited:
Hi Mr. P.

To the best of my knowledge:

These are Gradient Presets that (should) reside in your:

PhotoShop/Presets/Gradients folder

You can load them to use in your files by going to the arrow on the right of your 'gradient pull down menu' and navigating to the gradient set you want to load.

They are also sometimes used by the 'styles pallet' along with other fx to give you cool styles.

PANTONE refers to the Pantone Matching System of inks for print production. These are pre-mixed ink colors which allows specific colors to be exactly matched on print presses universally. In print production, if you specify PANTONE 032 you will get the same shade of red every time.

Pantone gradients are gradients employing Pantone inks.

If you print out on your home printer you do not need to worry about whether something is Pantone (or Toyo™ or another ink system) because your printer will approximate these colors.

If you plan print on an offset press, using a Pantone ink will generate another 'channel,' which will generate another printing plate, which will add considerably to your printing costs.

Clear as mud?

Cheers!

NW

Back