What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D paranormal, or: remotion's new normal map shader and more

Erik

Guru
Remotion just released his paranormal shader trio. (29Euro.)
Whatdoesitdo?

1/ Normal maps can now be used in C4D8.5
Normal maps are a kind of displacement maps (see coloured displ.maps in Photoshop) that use R,G and B info to displace horizontal, vertical and depth.
Creating the map can with a plugin in Cinema itself, or with the (also free) photoshop plugin that can be found at NVidia (don't ask me the exact adress as I am really spaced out chaotic to the nth power).

2/ Parallax corrects parralax effects on bumpmaps.

Usd both on poor MEG: normal map shader in bump channel, and parallax in colour channel.
The normal map was created in PS from clouds, and then nvidia'ted.
(I have a Radeon, and it works flawlessly with the concurrenc also. ven has a preview)

o, that third shader? seems to be a bit psychodeliric. Must test it out soon...

better example.
wall created based on difference gradients in PS

http://download.nvidia.com/developer/NVTextureSuite/NormalMapFilter.8bf

I don't know whether it also works on mac.
Please: can anyone try this out?

It's nothing bizarre or so: the only thing it does is change a rgb image (I use grey rgb) into a coloured image of which the three channels info can be used in some 3D apps as "normal map" which is indeed something like creating a coloured displacement map in photoshop.
example used for the wall:

Back