What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Path Stroke Orientation

Shreck

When Stroking a Path with a Brush, is there a way to have a custom brush follow the path at a particular angle (90 degrees for instance) to the path?
For instance, if you stroked a rectangle, have the brush paint at 90 deg. to the line, instead of having the brush always in the same orientation.
I know you can change it manually in the brush dynamics, but can it be done automatically, by specifying some parameter? Thanks

You were in the right area, just click on "Shape dynamics>Angle Jitter>Control>Direction." see my sample image. I hope this helps.

path strokes

Thanks Nitrobutler.
I had missed the "direction" modifier.
Photoshop never ceases to amaze me with it's possibilities. [slick]
The image below was an expirement with the technique
as well as an expirement entering an image in this forum.
shreck

I can't remember if there is a way to invert the direction of a path... especially useful if stroking a brush with a fade...

I found out how to change direction by:
Convert path to selection
Select inverse
Convert selection to path
stroke path

This only worked for closed paths(circles, rectangles etc)
When you make a selection from an unclosed path, PS closes the selection. and the above technique won't work.
This inverse technique did work good for putting borders around objects and reversing the brush by 180 deg.
-------------------------------------------------------
shreck

thats a great question? How do you reverse the direction of an open path?

Is it possible anyone, I would love to find out?

Back