What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PenTool help please

Jimbz

Greetings everyone, I find myself using the PenTool quite a bit, and one small annoyance always bothers me, is there a way to smooth out the connection points (when above/below certain angles) when I stroke path automatically without having to re-edit my lines ? Something in the brush settings ? Would it be possible to have my lines smoothed out like the line on the right always ?
Thanks for reading.

Attachments

• pentool.jpg
    pentool.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 1
Hi Jimbz,

With you Pen Tool selected, hold the Command/Control key, your cursor will turn into the Direct selection Tool (white arrow shape).

Click once on the anchor point that your arrow is pointing to in your example. This should reveal the Direction lines.

Your choices are now:
Hold the Command/Control key > click and drag the anchor point.
Hold the Command/Control key > click and drag the upper direction lines endpoint.
Hold the Command/Control key > click and drag the lower direction lines endpoint.

As IamSam said....This will in tern smooth out the curve before you stoke the path at the anchor point you have drawn an arrow to

Back