What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Permanently set the Screen Mode...

raysot

I'm using v5.5 and like having my work area set to "Full Screen Mode with Menu Bar"

How do I make this change permanent?

Thanks for any info...
Ray

View / screen mode / full screen.

I dont think you can however you can load an image and just press f key and that will bring it into full screen or The TAB key will do a variety of palletes modes

Paul...

While your suggestion does indeed set my workspace to Full screen, it doesn't make the setting permanent across Photoshop restarts...

Paul...

While your suggestion does indeed set my workspace to Full screen, it doesn't make the setting permanent across Photoshop restarts...

Yeah your right mate, sorry i thought it would stay as last visit, theres got to be a way though surely?

You can create an action to set the screen mode using "Insert Menu Item" from the action palette fly-out menu and selecting View - Screen Mode - Full Screen Mode With Menu Bar
Once you have your action it can be run automatically by a Photoshop event, this is done with File - Scripts - Scripts Events - Manager.
Set up your action to run on Application start, New document, open document etc.

Back