What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pest Control

SMOk3

Power User
An old friend of mine has been doing pest control for as long as I can remember him, so I decided he needed a business card.

Attachments

• Paula.png
    Paula.png
    7 MB · Views: 15
There's many things to be discussed here, but the main one is that you used a watermarked image in it's creation and it can still be seen here:

Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 3.02.16 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 3.06.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 3.07.02 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 3.07.18 PM.png

This is a NO NO!

Your masking is off here in the image here:

Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 3.04.35 PM.png

These are all the same rabbit...........they have just been transformed.
Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 3.09.23 PM.png

If you look at this rock, you can tell where the lighting is coming from in the BG image.............now compare that to the lighting on the rabbits and the ferret.
Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 3.11.01 PM.png

Thank for pointing it out Sam. I guess I still have a lot to learn and need to stop rushing things.

edit: Looking closer now, I can see myself loads of other things. Back to the drawing board.

I ask that you please utilize the forum for what it's intended for and that's learning! You can't learn attempting free edits. I hope you will start asking more questions and taking advantage of some the more experienced members in the forum.

I might add one more point of observation. Since this is going to be a business card, you have a golden opportunity to play with text and typography. Where is the business information? (Address, phone numbers, cell number, FAX number, email address, social media information.) As a designer, it falls to you to guide the viewers eye...to use your artistry to guide their attention, smoothly and effortlessly, through your created hierarchy of information. If a design is too busy, or if they have to jump around to find things, it greatly undermines your composition. :) Thanks for sharing.

It was only meant to be a joke one. I forgot to mention that on my original post. But looking back at the points pointed out
I can see what a mess I made. :^)

Back