What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo aspect ratio reversed.

wetterfugal

I have scanned some images on my Win98 PC and they are fine. I have just built a WinXP and the scanned images were written to CD and loaded in the X PC. They too were OK.

I installed my scanner on The XP machine and the installation was faulty, I was warned from the Visioneer [My Scanner] site that the software may not work on XP and that I should first create a System Restore Point which I did. I did not work correctly so I uninstalled it but there was no trace of the restore point that I had created.

Now I find that all my graphic as viewed in PhotoShop 6 and PaintShop Pro show that the aspect ratios have been reversed. An image which on the 98 PC has a print size of 5.063" x 3.487" is 3.487" x 5.063" on the XP PC. (They are too tall or too wide] I can re size them of course but it is not the solution and I have a large number of images.

I have saved the TIF image to JPG on a floppy and transferred it to the XP machine and the results where as above. Any ideas?

I suppose it's best to reinstall XP, or at least, go to the first control point that is set automatically when you finished the installation.

Apart from this: XP (Pro for shure, don't know about Home ED) has an option to install software under a previous version of Win, like 98. YOu can find this in the Help section if I'm not mistaken. I did use it a few weeks ago, but I forgot where exactly you can find it. I suppose under "Installlin software" or something like that.
More I can't say, as I'm on Win 2K.

Erik

Yes it is XP Pro but like I said I created a System Restore Point but there was no trace of the restore point, I will give the post time for responces. It would seem to be a Windows problem as the images are the same for all of my viewing software.

I hope someone comes up with an answer for you, but I'm afraid that the install did change something in the registry, and if you're very good at it, you can do the tweaking yourelf, but it is not easy.
Bizarre that you cannot find your restore point. Fact that Visioneer wrote that at their site is a clear indication that you are not the first. So you may well write them a mail. Or search their site for a forum.
Good luck!

Back