What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

photo manipulation

JeffK

Guru
Awesome work! Incredibly creative and inspirational. Thanks for posting!

Welcome back to the forum...long time no see!

Wow...your work looks really excellent.
The lighting and the atmosphere you created is top-class. (Not rusty at all).
The rain seems to be super natural, and how the drops are jumping back on top of the umbrella is just awesome.

inkpad.t

Guru
WoW, thanks guy's thought this was terrible when i completed it, its been a long time since did something like this, Thanks for the comments much appreciated, think i will try another one soon.

polarwoc

Guru
How did you achieve the interaction between rain and umbrella surface - specifically splattering droplets on the umbrella and the draining drops from umbrella? I found that very fascinating. Also your play with light is masterful. Were the high velocity rain drops created from scratch?

inkpad.t

Guru
Most of the raindrops were painted with a normal hard and soft round brush, then blurred with both motion and gaussian blue effects for the water running down the umbellar, the bouncing rain was again used a normal round brush with scattering and jitter and opacity jitter, the actual parts of water running off each end of the umbrellas frames is
just-add-water-3807158.jpg

I mask out areas of this image, used the blend if and placed on screen mode, then used the warp and distort tool to shape the end results. sotty i forgot to post this image. again i think this was from unspalsh or pixabay.

inkpad.t

Guru
Just incase anyone asks, the hand on the back of the raincoat, I made a black and white image of the overall picture before adding the rain, then used the levels to get a good contrast. then save out a displacement map. deled the black and white image, then used the displacement map to place the image on to the raincoat, think i used a setting of 20 in the displacement.